Geology Bursaries In South Africa for 2020 – 2021
Geology is a study of the earth, also known as earth science. It includes the study of all material the earth is made from and changes of the earth over time. This field also includes studying all solid rocks and celestial changes. Are you in search of bursaries for geology?
Bursaries for Geology for 2020
- AECI Limited Bursary
- AEL Bursary
- Anglo American Coal Bursary
- Anglo American Platinum Bursary
- Barloworld Education Trust Bursary
- Basil Read Bursary
- BHP Billiton Bursary
- Black Mountain Bursary
- Bushbuckridge Local Municipality Bursary
- Cape Winelands District Municipality Mayoral Bursary
- de Beers Bursary
- Department of Mineral Resources Bursary
- Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality Bursary
- Exxaro Bursary
- FNB Fund Bursary
- Foskor Bursary
- GAST Bursary
- Glencore plc Bursary
- Gold Fields Ltd Bursary
- Hatch Bursary
- Impala Platinum/ Implats Bursary
- Industrial Development Corporation (IDC) Bursary
- ISFAP Bursary
- Keaton Energy Mining Bursaries
- Kimberley Ekapa Mining Bursary
- Kumba Iron Ore Bursary
- Lonmin Bursary
- Mining Qualifications Authority (MQA) Bursary
- Mpumalanga Provincial Government Bursary
- Murray & Roberts Bursary
- North West Provincial Government Bursary
- Palabora Mining Bursary
- PPC Bursary
- Petra Diamonds Bursary
- Rio Tinto/ Richards Bay Minerals (RBM) Bursary
- Samancor Chrome Bursary
- SARS Bursary
- Sasol Bursary
- Sibanye-Stillwater Bursary
- South 32 Bursary
- Standard Bank Bursary
- Thebe Foundation Dr EJ Mabuza Bursary
- Upstream Training Trust Bursary
- Vhembe District Municipality Mayoral Bursary
Here are the most common career paths in Geology:
- Geologist Engineer
- Seismic Interpreter
- Seismologist / Geophysicist
You may also look at the following fields:
- Mud Logger
- Hydro Geologist
- Well-site Geologist
There are many work opportunities in Geology. The history of our planet, the future, processes and changes are all included in this field. How the earth functions and works, and what influences changes in a variety of settings is all so exciting. With bursaries for geology, you can enter the classroom, laboratories, offices and many other industries.
Geology Bursary Common Requirements
Applicants ready to study Geology must comply with each company’s requirements to apply for a bursary. These requirements include the following and maybe more as set by each company:
- You must be a South African citizen.
- You must hold a valid ID document.
- You must provide ID documentation of parents / guardians
- You must provide proof of need for financial aid.
- You must provide proof of income for parents / guardians.
- You must provide acceptance letter to institute of higher learning.
This field could be a very rewarding career path as opportunities are plentiful. You could end up working for the government, environmental companies, universities and more.