Exxaro Bursary South Africa 2022 – 2023
ABOUT THE COMPANY – EXXARO
Exxaro Bursary South Africa 2022 – 2023, Exxaro Resources Limited is a big South African heavy minerals and coal mining company, with offices and operating facilities across Africa, Europe, Australia and Asia. The JSE listed company was previously part of Kumba Resources and was previously known as Kumba Resources Limited before the name change in 2006 due to unbundling of the company’s iron ore assets.
Exxaro Resources Limited is headquartered in Pretoria West, South Africa and is one of the top South African-based diversified, black-empowered companies. The company’s mine targets include; zero effluent, zero waste emissions, sustainable engineering and wash-to-zero.
ABOUT THE EXXARO BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & COVERAGE VALUE
- Civil Engineering (BEng)
- Electrical Engineering (BEng)
- Electronic Engineering (BEng)
- Geology (BSc)
- Industrial Engineering (BEng)
- Mechanical Engineering (BEng)
- Mechatronic Engineering (BEng)
- Metallurgical Engineering (BEng)
- Mine Surveying (BTech)
- Mining Engineering (BEng)
MORE ABOUT THE EXXARO BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: tuition fees, books, accommodation, meals, laptop or tablet and pocket money.
Apart from the financial support, bursary recipients will also receive the following benefits:
- Assistance from senior leaders with many years of experience
- Practical work exposure at Exxaro operations each year
- Administrative support and monitoring from a Dedicated Talent Pipeline
- Campus visits during 1st and 2nd semester (from Talent Management and discipline mentors)
- Contact with other Exxaro bursary recipients
- Awards and prizes to top-performing bursary recipients
- Invitation to attend the National Mining Indaba
- Invitation to attend the annual PIT Symposium
MORE ABOUT THE EXXARO BURSARY PROGRAMME – SERVICE CONTRACT & SELECTION
Zabusaries is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the Exxaro Bursary.
On completion of their studies, bursary recipients will be able to join the Professional-in-Training (PIT) programme to gain further learning and prepare candidates for leadership roles in the organisation.
Exxaro will select candidates based on the company’s Employment Equity policy – if you do not receive any feedback by the middle of May 2022, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE EXXARO BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying full-time towards a qualification in one of the fields listed above
- You must be studying at a recognised and accredited tertiary institution in South Africa
- Civil Engineering students: you must be in your 2nd year of study
- Electrical Engineering students: you must be in your 2nd or 3rd year of study
- Electronic Engineering students: you must be in your 2nd or 3rd year of study
- Industrial Engineering students: you must be in your 2nd or 3rd year of study
- Mechanical Engineering students: you must be in your 2nd or 3rd year of study
- Mechatronic Engineering students: you must be in your 2nd or 3rd year of study
- Metallurgical Engineering students: you must be in your 2nd, 3rd or 4th year of study
- Mining Engineering students: you must be in your 2nd or 3rd year of study
- Geology students: you must be in your 2nd or 3rd year of study
- Mine Surveying students: you must be in your 3rd or 3rd year of study
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE EXXARO BURSARY
Applications must be submitted online at; Exxaro Bursary Application 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be required to submit their supporting documentation, which may include the following:
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full tertiary record/ transcripts (on institutes letterhead)
Note: Candidates applying do not need to submit any supporting documents.
CLOSING DATE FOR THE EXXARO BURSARY
15 April 2022 (revised).
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE EXXARO BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Exxaro directly:
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.