NSFAS Bursaries – Your Questions Answered
We asked NSFAS to answer some of the most common questions about their bursaries, applying online, and all other aspects of their funding.
- In our evaluation process, we give careful, individual attention to each applicant. We seek to identify students whose family income is below R350 000 per annum.
- Eligible students will receive confirmation of funding from NSFAS as soon as we obtain a proof of admission to study at any public college/university.
- Applicants are restricted from studying at other private universities as we do not fund any of their programs.
- You may apply today on our website as part of early applications, and you will be the first to get feedback. We will have to check from other institutions if you have been successfully admitted and you may have to wait until the end of November for us to make a final public college/university choice to where your funds will be paid.
- It will take us four weeks to complete your application and send you the outcome of your application from the date you apply. Matriculants may be impacted by the release of the final results.
- We will use your email address or cellphone number you give us to stay in contact with you during the process.
- After you have submitted your application, you can update your email address in the myNSFAS self-service portal.
- Your funding decision will be posted in the Status Portal online, and you will receive an email notification when the decision is available.