NSFAS Online Bursary Applications 2022 – 2023
If you need financial aid for your tertiary institution, Apply for National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) Bursary for the 2022-2023 academic year.
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) Online application for 2022-2023 is open from September to November every year. It is a government student financial aid scheme that is given to poor undergraduate students in South Africa to assist them to pay for the cost of their tertiary education after completing high school. It is therefore funded by the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET). NSFAS Online Application 2022-2023
NSFAS Application Requirements for 2022
All applicants must meet the following qualification before applying for NSFAS Bursary;
- All those who are citizens of South Africa and are planning to study in 2022 or if you are currently studying at a public university or TVET college, you qualified for NSFAS bursary.
- If you are a SASSA grant recipient
- If your combined household income is not more than R350 000 per year
- If you are a person with a disability and with a combined household income of not more than R600 000 per year
- If you are a student who started University studies before 2018 and household income is not more than R122 000 per year. NSFAS Online Application 2022-2023
REQUIRED SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS DURING THE APPLICATION PROCESS
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) will require more information from you in order to process your application, so you need to provide the following supporting documents to make sure that your application is successful.
- Provide your own cellphone number and email address
- You must have a copy of your ID or birth certificate
- National ID copies of parents, guardian or spouse
- The evidence of your income or 1 year’s IRP5 if necessary
- The proof of income of your parents, guardian, or spouse.
- If you are a SASSA grant recipient, you don’t need to provide any evidence of income.
- All Applicants with a disability should provide and submit a completed and signed Disability Annexure A Form
- An applicant who is known as a Vulnerable Child by the Department of Social Development should also provide a completed and signed Vulnerable Child Declaration and Consent Form. NSFAS Online Application 2022-2023
How to Apply for NSFAS Online 2022
If you would like to apply for NSFAS 2022, follow the steps outlined below:
- You have to visit the NSFAS website: www.nsfas.org.za online
- Then, you have to click on the “myNSFAS” tab
- After that, you create your myNSFAS account
- After creating myNSFAS account, you then have to click on the “Apply” tab
- Answer the following questions you see on your screen
- Update all your personal information
- Upload all the required supporting documents
- Lastly, Click on “Submit” to send your application for review.
Once you have been approved for NSFAS funding, you will be covered until you complete your degree. This, however, is contingent on you continuing to meet the academic requirements. To ensure your continuous funding, all you have to do is concentrate on studying and passing your modules.
HOW TO APPLY ONLINE
How to Check NSFAS Online Application Status 2022 Form
- Go to NSFAS Application Status at the website: www.nsfas.org.za
- Login to myNSFAS account, if you don’t have one, create one. Click HERE
- Then you Enter your User ID
- Type in the password you created during the application process.
- Click “Track Funding Progress“ to check your application status
CONTACT NSFAS VIA THE NSFAS VIRTUAL CONTACT CENTRE
NSFAS Connect: www.nsfas.org.za and log into your myNSFAS account
Facebook: National Student Financial Aid Scheme
Twitter page: @myNSFAS