NSFAS CLOSING SOON: How To Apply Online
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) has extended its deadline for student financial aid to 21 January 2022.
You may be a little confused as to how to apply though, so here’s a quick guide on how to apply for NSFAS online.
Get your certified supporting documents ready.
You will need:
• South African ID document/card (or an unabridged birth certificate if you do not have a green bar-coded ID or Smart ID card)
• ID of parents and/or guardian (Or death certificate where applicable)
• Pay advice/ letter of employment/pension advice stating income. Should not be older than 3 months (SASSA slips are not required and SASSA should not be included as household income).
Apply for NSFAS Online
First, you’ll need to visit the NSFAS website and register to make an account.
Once you’ve done that, you’ll be able to fill out the online application form.
- This process can take about 30 minutes
- You’ll need to have certified scanned copies of the following documents:
- Identity Document/Birth Certificate
- Matric Certificate
- Latest Academic Results
- Proof of parents’ income (if they are employed)
- Death Certificate/s (if parents are dead)
- Doctor’s Certificate (if permanently disabled)