Ba-Phalaborwa Municipality Bursary South Africa 2022 – 2023
ABOUT THE COMPANY – BA-PHALABORWA MUNICIPALITY
Ba-Phalaborwa Municipality Bursary South Africa | The Ba-Phalaborwa Municipality is located in Limpopo and is one of five local municipalities within the Mopani District. Some of Ba-Phalaborwa’s main attractions include the Kruger National Park, the Letaba Ranch Game Conservancy, Game farms and Eiland Resort and Spa.
The municipal area showcases a large geographical footprint housing many private farms and tribal land. Farms take up a total of 27% of the area with the majority being used for game and citrus farming. Owing to its deep roots in agriculture, the Ba-Phalaborwa Municipality aims to provide socio-economic infrastructure to create an environment that is conductive and promotes manufacturing, agriculture, agro-processing, retail, sports, and mining.
ABOUT THE BA-PHALABORWA MUNICIPALITY BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Ba-Phalaborwa Municipality is inviting students residing within the Ba-Phalaborwa municipal area, to apply for their external mayoral bursary programme, for the 2022 academic year.
The bursary will fund undergraduate Bachelor Degrees, National Diplomas and TVET Diplomas, preferably within these fields:
- Environmental Science
- Town and Regional Planning
Note: students pursuing studies in other fields may also apply, however studies within the above fields will be given preference (in line with addressing the scarce and critical skills, approved by the IDP).
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE BA-PHALABORWA MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be between the ages of 16 and 35 years old
- You must reside within the Ba-Phalaborwa municipal area, in Limpopo
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards an undergraduate qualification, in 2022 (preferably in one of the fields above)
- You must be studying or have been accepted to study at a recognised and accredited public institution in South Africa (University, University or Technology or TVET College)
- You must have NOT previously received any other bursary funding or NSFAS funding
- You must have a strong academic record
- You must be unemployed
- You must be in financial need
- You must NOT have a criminal record
- Preference will be given to disadvantaged students
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BA-PHALABORWA MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
Download and complete the Ba-Phalaborwa Municipality Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- South African ID document (certified copy)
- Matric final results/ certificate (certified copy)
- Most recent academic transcript or qualification, if currently studying (on institutions letterhead) (certified copy)
- Achievements/ qualification (certified copy)
- Letter of acceptance at an institution (on institutions letterhead)
- Motivational letter to support your application
- Parents or guardians proof of household income (latest payslips if employed, affidavit if unemployed, proof of grant or pension if applicable, death certificate if deceased, affidavit if you do not have one or both parents)
- Proof of residence (water or lights account/ testimonial from a traditional leader/ letter from a Ward councillor)
Applications must be submitted to the Ba-Phalaborwa Municipality Vacancy Box:
Nelson Mandela Drive
Note: applications received via email or fax will NOT be accepted.
CLOSING DATE FOR THE BA-PHALABORWA MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
30 November 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Ba-Phalaborwa Municipality directly:
Tel: 015 780 6300
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.