Prince Albert Municipality Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – PRINCE ALBERT MUNICIPALITY
Prince Albert Municipality Bursary South Africa | Prince Albert Local Municipality is located in the Western Cape Province of South Africa and is part of Central Karoo District Municipality. The Category B municipality is the second-smallest municipality in the province, whose main economic drivers include agriculture and tourism.
The municipal area includes the towns and cities of Klaarstroom, Prince Albert, Prince Albert Road and Leeu Gamka, with a total population of just over 13 000 residents.
ABOUT THE PRINCE ALBERT MUNICIPALITY BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Prince Albert Municipality, in collaboration with Provincial Treasury, is inviting students from the Prince Albert Municipal area, to apply for bursary funding for the 2023 academic year.. Bursaries will be awarded for studies within these fields:
- Building Infrastructure
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Internal Audit
- Public Administration
- Risk Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Town Planning
- and other fields relating to financial management and financial governance, as identified by the Municipality
MORE ABOUT THE PRINCE ALBERT MUNICIPALITY BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE | SELECTION
The bursary will be awarded for 1 academic year of study. Funding will be paid directly into the tertiary institution’s bank account.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 30 working days after the closing date – if you do not receive any feedback by this time, please regard your application as unsuccessful. Please note that canvassing will result in automatic disqualification.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE PRINCE ALBERT MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must reside within the Prince Albert Municipal area, in the Western Cape Province
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards a qualification, in one of the fields above
- You must be registered to study at a recognized and accredited tertiary institution in South Africa, for 2022
- You must have a strong academic record
- You must be in financial need
- You must be interested in uplifting and changing the community
- Students with disabilities and students from historically disadvantaged groups are encouraged to apply
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE PRINCE ALBERT MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
Download and complete the: Prince Albert Municipality Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy: not older than 3 months)
- Full comprehensive Curriculum Vitae
- Proof of qualifications completed (certified copy)
- Most recent examination results (certified copy)
- Proof of registration at a tertiary institution (certified copy)
- Banking details of the tertiary institution (on institutions’ letterhead) (certified copy)
- Proof of residence (municipal account) (certified copy)
- Parents or guardians proof of income (the latest payslips if employed, affidavit if unemployed, proof of grant or pension if applicable) (certified copy)
- Proof of permanent disability, if disabled (letter from a medical doctor)
- Academic results from last year (if applying for a second bursary)
Note: only certified documents must be submitted – do NOT submit original documents as documents will not be returned.
Applications must be submitted to:
Prince Albert Municipality
Private Bag X53
Note: applications received via email or fax will NOT be accepted.
CLOSING DATE FOR THE PRINCE ALBERT MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
31 January 2023.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Prince Albert Municipality directly:
Contact Person: Mr George van der Westhuizen
Tel: 023 541 1320
(During office hours only)
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.