INSETA Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – INSETA
INSETA Bursary South Africa | The Insurance Sector Education and Training Authority (INSETA) is an official education and training authority in South Africa, whose goal is to increase the quantity and quality of critical and scarce skills within the insurance sector. INSETA provides a range of skill development and training programmes such as bursaries, learnerships and internships, to help bridge the gap between skilled workers within the Insurance sector.
ABOUT THE INSETA BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
INSETA is inviting students to apply for the Insurance Sector Student Fund (ISSF) bursary programme, for the 2023 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded to unemployed and employed individuals, preferably those studying towards courses in the Insurance and related sectors.
Bursaries are awarded based on the following main factors: academic merit and financial need/ affordability of applicants.
MORE ABOUT THE INSETA ISSF BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE, CONTRACTUAL OBLIGATION | SELECTION
The bursary will provide coverage for the following expenses, for unemployed students: tuition fees, textbooks, accommodation, meals, technological devices where applicable (laptops and data) and a monthly allowance.
The bursary will provide coverage for the following expenses, for employed students: tuition fees. Employed students are awarded bursaries on a sliding scale.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 90 days of the closing date. If you do not receive any feedback by this date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the INSETA ISSF Bursary.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE INSETA ISSF BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be currently in Matric in 2023 or have completed Matric
- You must be unemployed and between 18 and 35 years old OR you must be employed and of any age
- You must be studying or intend on studying at a recognised tertiary institution in South Africa (preferably towards a course in the Insurance and related sectors)
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE INSETA ISSF BURSARY
Download and complete the INSETA ISSF Bursary Application Form 2023 (.pdf)
Enter “Zabusaries.com” in the field asking how you heard about the INSETA ISSF bursary.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Most recent academic record, if currently studying (on institutions letterhead)
- Acceptance Letter from the institution (on the institution’s letterhead)
- Proof of Registration from the institution, if applicable (on the institution’s letterhead)
- Tuition Fee/ Course Quotation (on institutions letterhead)
- Accommodation Fee/ Course Quotation (on institutions letterhead)
- Completed ISSF POPIA Form (.pdf)
- Letter of Employment, if employed
- Financial Supporting documents:
- Parents’ or guardians’ ID documents (certified copy)
- Parents or guardians’ death certificates/ affidavit if deceased (certified copy)
- Parents or guardians 3 months’ recent payslips/ bank statements (certified copy)
- Parents or guardians’ affidavit and SASSA letter if receiving a grant (certified copy)
Applications must be submitted via email to: email@example.com
(Insert the words “ISSF Bursary Application” in the email subject line).
CLOSING DATE FOR THE INSETA ISSF BURSARY
15 January 2023.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact INSETA directly:
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.