Thebe Foundation Dr EJ Mabuza Bursary South Africa 2022 – 2023
ABOUT THE COMPANY – THEBE FOUNDATION
The Thebe Foundation (TF), established in 2011, is a registered Public Benefit Organisation that aims to make a difference and transform the lives of people in the community.
The African company works with various partners within the private and public sector, mainly in the education and enterprise development fields.
TF founded the Dr EJ Mabuza Scholarship (Bursary) fund, in honour of Dr EJ Mabuza and to support the Founders Legacy Programme.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Thebe Foundation Dr EJ Mabuza Bursary will provide funding to students within the following fields of study:
- Corporate Finance
- Electrical Engineering
- Energy Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Solar Engineering
- Solar Photovoltaic Service Technician
MORE ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE
The bursary will provide cover for: tuition fees, textbooks, residence at university or accredited accommodation, meals and a transport allowance for students living at home.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Black student (per the revised B-BBEE codes)
- Completed Matric
- Studying or intend on studying within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Studying or have been accepted to study at a recognised tertiary institution in South Africa
- Good academic record
- Achieved a minimum overall average of 60%
- In financial need (students who are part of the “missing middle” and NOT eligible for NSFAS)
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download and complete the Thebe Foundation Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Latest academic results/ transcripts
- Proof of acceptance to study at a tertiary institute
- Parents/ guardians ID documents (certified copies)
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (latest payslips if employed/ proof of SASSA grant if applicable/ affidavit if unemployed) (certified copies)
- 2018 tertiary fee statement
- Motivational letter to support your application (maximum 1 page)
30 January 2022.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact The Thebe Foundation directly:
Contact Person: Ms Phindi Nontlaha