Upstream Training Trust Bursary South Africa 2021 – 2022
Upstream Training Trust Bursary South Africa; ABOUT THE COMPANY – UTT
The Upstream Training Trust (UTT) was founded in 1997 by the Petroleum Agency SA, as well as companies taking part in the on-shore and off-shore search for oil and gas in South Africa.
The UTT, administered by the Petroleum Agency SA, is a non-profit organisation that aims to promote and provide specialist human skills within the petroleum industry and in the search for oil and gas. The trust is committed to investing in human capital development, specifically focused on those from previously disadvantaged backgrounds.
ABOUT THE UTT BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Upstream Training Trust (UTT) is inviting students to apply for bursary funding for the 2022 academic year.
Each year, UTT award bursaries for studies within the Engineering, Technology and Natural Science fields, relevant to the petroleum industry, including the following:
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science
- Environmental Science
- Information Systems
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Natural Science
- Petroleum Engineering
- Structural Engineering
ABOUT THE UTT BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE
The value of the bursary award is a maximum of R65 000 per year (however this may vary according to UTT’s financial status). The bursary will provide coverage for the following expenses: full tuition fees, and the remainder will cover the following expenses: textbooks, transport, accommodation, meals and approved trips and excursions.
Bursary payments are made to the recipients tertiary institution and not to the student themselves.
Be sure to download and read the UTT Bursary Rules and Regulations (.pdf) before applying.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE UTT BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen OR South African resident
- You must have completed Matric
- You must have achieved excellent results for English, Science and Mathematics in Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- You must be studying or have been conditionally accepted to study at a University or University of Technology in South Africa
- You must have a good tertiary academic record, if already studying
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE UTT BURSARY
Applications must be done in one of the following ways:
1) Online at: Upstream Training Trust (UTT) Bursary Application 2022
2) By downloading and completing the UTT Bursary Application Form(.pdf)
If applying by physical application form, applications must be posted to:
Upstream Training Trust
PO Box 5111
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online or physical application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full tertiary academic record, if at tertiary level (on institutions letterhead)
- Proof of enrollment/ provisional acceptance at a University or University of Technology (on institutions letterhead)
- Motivational letter explaining why you deserve to be awarded the bursary (maximum 2 paragraphs)
- Proof of residence (can be in your parent/ guardian’s name)
- Proof of household income (payslips/ employment letter/ signed affidavit if employed, proof of SASSA grants if applicable, pension slip or bank statement reflecting pension payment if applicable, proof of UIF if applicable, proof of other benefits including life/ disability/ retirement etc)
CLOSING DATE FOR THE UTT BURSARY
end of October 2021.
(Applications submitted after these dates will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Upstream Training Trust directly:
Tel: 021 938 3500
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.