Glencore Bursary South Africa 2021 – 2022
ABOUT THE COMPANY – GLENCORE
Glencore was founded by billionaire Marc Rich, like Marc Rich + Co AG in 1974. Today, Glencore (short for “Global Energy Commodity Resources”), is one of the biggest globally diversified natural resource companies in the world, as well as a major marketer and producer of over 90 commodities. The companies customer base includes industrial consumers, including those in the steel; oil; automotive; power generation and food processing industries.
The company currently employs over 150 000 staff members, which include contractors, across its 90 offices, in more than 50 countries.
Glencore’s operations include 150 metallurgical and mining sites, agricultural facilities and oil production assets.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Each year Glencore provides bursary opportunities for deserving students in the Coal and Ferro Alloys Operations. The bursary scheme aims to try keep the flow of strong academic talent into the organisation, and thereby ensure the continuity of the company.
Bursaries will be awarded to students who intend on studying within one of the following fields:
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Extraction Metallurgy
- Mining Engineering
- Financial Management (NOT Chartered Accountancy)
MORE ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE & OTHER OPPORTUNITIES
The bursary will cover the following expense: tuition, accommodation, meals, prescribed textbooks, compulsory excursions, compulsory seminars and a monthly allowance.
Students will also be able to partake in paid vacation work, where they will gain invaluable working experience. On completion of studies, you will be required to work at Glencore for the equal duration of the bursary award.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and required to attend interviews. If you do not receive any feedback within 21 days of the application deadline, regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Currently in Matric OR have completed Matric
- Have a valid certificate of fitness OR are fit enough to obtain a fitness certificate
- Finance students: must have achieved a minimum “5” symbol for Accounting AND Mathematics
- Technical fields students: must have achieved a minimum “5” symbol for Physical Science AND Mathematics
- Engineering students: must have achieved a minimum “6” symbol for Physical Science AND Mathematics
- Second and Third-year tertiary students: must have achieved a minimum overall average of 60%
- NOT affiliated with or in receipt of funding from another private institution
- *Preference will be given to students who reside in Mpumalanga province, students with disabilities and Black (Coloured/ Indian/ African) female students
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Applications must be done in one of the following ways:
1) Online at: https://glencorejobs.nga.net.au/?AudienceTypeCode=Africa
2) Electronically via email to: email@example.com
(Insert the words “Glencore Bursary Application – Your Full Name” in the email subject line)
3) Hand delivery: The Group Training Centre IS, 31 Blesbokfontein Farm, District Bethal / Graspan Colliery 1 Farm Reitfontein 236Js, Middelburg / Wonderfontein Farm 428 JS, Portion of Farm Klippan 452 (R33) 9 km, South of N4 National Freeway
4) Post: Glencore Coal SA, Group Training Centre /Private bag X7265, Emalahleni, 1035
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation when applying (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy of)
- Matric students: Grade 11 final results AND Matric latest results
- Tertiary students: Matric certificate (certified copy of) AND latest tertiary academic record
- Curriculum Vitae
- Proof of residence
- A valid certificate of fitness (if available)
4 June 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Glencore directly:
See Also: Bursaries Open All Year Round