Globeleq Scholarship South Africa 2020 – 2021
ABOUT THE COMPANY – GLOBELEQ
Globeleq, founded in 2002, is a global operating power company, as well as a power industry leader within the emerging markets. The company develop energy projects in the Americas and within Africa, by way of electric power sectors development.
Globeleq South Africa, operating in the country since 2012, is a Globeleq subsidiary company. Globeleq South Africa Management Services is responsible for the management of 3 power producing utility projects within the renewable energy sector of South Africa – these include the Droogfontein Solar Power; De Aar Solar Power and the Jeffreys Bay Wind Farm. The projects are owned to a partnership with Eskom, the South African government, as well as other private sector developers, local communities, constructors, lenders, investors and suppliers.
ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME
The Globeleq Communities Fund scholarship is aimed at students who reside within a 50km radius of the Aries Solar Power Plant, studying towards an Education, Nursing or Agriculture qualification. Bursaries are for the current academic year (2020).
The Aries Solar Power is situated 36km south-west of Kenhardt in the Northern Cape Province – students must be from Northern or Eastern Cape regions.
MORE ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE, OTHER OPPORTUNITIES, SELECTION & SERVICE CONTRACT
The coverage of the scholarship will be based on students needs and the scholarship budget, but generally covers the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees, prescribed textbooks and learning materials, accommodation, meals and living expenses.
Scholarship recipients may be able to enter the paid internship programme which consists of a thorough induction of the organisation, technical and in-house training, as well as head office organisation.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend an interview – if you do not receive any feedback, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Reside within a 50km radius of the Globeleq Aries Solar Power
- From the Northern Cape or Eastern Cape region
- Studying towards an Education, Nursing or Agriculture qualification
- Studying at a recognised tertiary institute in South Africa
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE SCHOLARSHIP
Applications must be done online at https://www.globeleqscholarship.excelatuni.com/applications/step1
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Grade 11 final results AND Matric latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Proof of provisional acceptance, if applicable
- Matric certificate AND latest academic transcript, if at tertiary level (certified copy)
- Proof of university registration, if currently studying
- Curriculum Vitae
- A statement explaining why you chose your particular field of study and how you plan to use your qualification after graduation (1 page)
- Recommendation letter from someone who can attest to your character and/or your academic performance, with their contact details, NOT a family member or friend (1 page)
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (latest payslips if employed/ affidavit if unemployed)
31 July 2020.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)