Industrial Development Corporation (IDC) Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
Industrial Development Corporation (IDC) Bursary South Africa; ABOUT THE COMPANY – IDC
Industrial Development Corporation (IDC) Bursary South Africa; The Industrial Development Corporation (IDC), established in 1940, is owned by the government of South Africa and is under the supervision of the Economic Development Department. The IDC is a national development finance institution, which provides youth enterprises, that are undertaking industrial development projects, with financial and non-financial support.
The institution was created with the aim of promoting economic growth and industrial development, as well as contributing to sustainable job creation within the country, as well as across the rest of Africa.
The IDC provides financial assistance to entrepreneurs starting new enterprises, as well as companies wishing to extend their current operations, to a maximum of R1 billion
ABOUT THE IDC BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Industrial Development Corporation (IDC) is inviting students to apply for their bursary programme, for the 2023 academic year. Bursaries will be awarded to learners who are academically talented but lack funding to pursue higher education.
The bursary will be awarded for studies in fields which are directly related to the industry, including:
- Analytical Chemistry
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronic Engineering
- Financial Engineering
- Geology (leading to BTech at University of Technology)
- Industrial Engineering (BSc)
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgy Engineering
- Mine Survey
- Mining Engineering
Applied Commercial Sciences:
- Accounting (CA BCom)
- Actuarial Science
- Computer Science
- Environmental Science
- Financial Engineering
- Information Systems (BCom)
- Investment Management
- Information Technology
- Quantitative Finance
- Quantitative Risk Management
- Commercial Law (BCom)
- LLB (Bachelor of Law)
- Law (Postgraduate Diploma)
ABOUT THE IDC BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE | SELECTION
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: tuition fees, prescribed books, accommodation, meals, a laptop and an allowance.
Successful candidates will be informed of the outcome of their application by no later than 9 December 2023. If you do not receive any email correspondence by this date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the IDC Bursary.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE IDC BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must reside in South Africa
- You must be between the ages of 16 and 25 years old
- You must be currently in Matric or have completed Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying full time towards an undergraduate qualification, in one of the fields listed above
- You must be studying or intend on studying at a recognised public University, The University of Technology or TVET College in South Africa (the bursary will NOT cover studies at private institutions)
- Matric students: you must have achieved a minimum overall average of 75% and a minimum “B” symbol in Mathematics and Science
- Tertiary students: you must have achieved a minimum overall average of 65%
- Tertiary students: you must have passed all courses registered for
- You must NOT be in receipt of any other funding from a bursary or employer
- You must have proven financial need – based on total household income
- Preference will be given to students residing in rural areas
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE IDC BURSARY
Applications must be submitted online at; IDC Bursary Application 2023
Applicants will be required to Register an account before they can login and apply.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Grade 11 final results and Matric June results, if currently in Matric (certified copies)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Latest academic results, if not studying this year (certified copy)
- Full tertiary academic record, if currently studying (certified copy)
- Proof of acceptance or provisional admission at a tertiary institution (on institutions letterhead)
- Parents or guardians proof of income (latest payslips if employed/ sworn affidavit or latest audited financial statements if self-employed/ sworn affidavit or death certificate if deceased/ divorce certificate if divorced/ sworn statement if separated) (certified copies)
CLOSING DATE FOR THE IDC BURSARY
29 September 2023 (at 11:59).
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Industrial Development Corporation (IDC) directly:
Contact page: https://www.idc.co.za/contact-us/
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.