Capitec Bank Bursary South Africa 2024 – 2025
ABOUT THE COMPANY – CAPITEC
Capitec Bank Bursary South Africa | Capitec Bank, established in 2001, is currently South Africa’s second-biggest retail bank, with more than 10 million customers and over 13 000 employees across its various branches.
Founded by Michiel Le Roux, Riaan Stassen and Jannie Mouton, the bank prides itself on offering low costs to its customers, allowing freedom for clients to pay per transaction and offering the highest interest rate on deposits.
While the bank serves individuals and businesses, it does not provide business banking for companies, close corporations, partnerships or trusts. The bank’s products include Commercial Banking, Investments, Investment Banking, Savings, Loans, Debit Cards and Credit Cards.
ABOUT THE CAPITEC BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Capitec is inviting students to apply for their external bursary programme, for the 2024 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded for undergraduate studies, within the following fields:
- Actuarial Science
- Behavioural Science / Behavioural Economics
- Business Analysis
- Data Analysis
- Data Science
- Design (Graphic, User Experience, Web)
- Engineering (Chemical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechatronics)
- Human Resources
- Information Technology (Computer Science, Software Development, Systems Development)
- Machine Learning
- Quantitative Risk Management
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the Capitec Bursary.
MORE ABOUT THE CAPITEC BURSARY PROGRAMME – EXPENSES COVERED & OTHER BENEFITS
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: tuition fees, books, accommodation, and stipends.
Bursary recipients will also receive work readiness training and onboarding experience to support their transition into the world of work, as well as personal development training by access to mentors.
Students will be invited to join the Capitec Holiday Programme, to take learning to a practical level and focus on real business problems.
After graduation, the Work Readiness and Onboarding Experience will help students transition successfully into the business.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE CAPITEC BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying for the bursary (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards a qualification in one of the fields listed above, in 2024
- You must be studying or intend on studying at a recognised and accredited tertiary institution in South Africa
- You must be willing to relocate to Stellenbosch (Western Cape) or Sandton/ Johannesburg (Gauteng) after graduation
- You must have a clear credit record
- You must have a clear criminal record
- You must be ambitious, with a go-getter attitude
- You must be a proactive and a problem-solver
- You must have a growth mindset and be willing to continuously learn, develop new skills and embrace opportunities for personal and professional growth
- You must be courageous and eager to find innovative solutions to make a positive impact
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE CAPITEC BURSARY
Applications must be submitted online at Capitec Bursary Application 2024
Enter “Zabusaries.com” in the field asking how you heard about the Capitec bursary.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Latest academic results, if currently studying (certified copy)
CLOSING DATE FOR THE CAPITEC BURSARY
18 June 2023.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Capitec directly:
Contact page: https://www.capitecbank.co.za/contact-us/
Or use the chat function on the leap.ly application platform
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.