Impala Platinum/ Implats Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
WELCOME TO ZABUSARIES.COM,
Impala Platinum/ Implats Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024, Welcome to Zabusaries.com, on this page you will find details on Bursaries in South Africa And how to apply. Our aim is to provide this information as accurately as possible.
How does it work?
Bursaries vary in amounts and professions and are given to students in order to further their studies. In return for funding your studies, the company may require you to repay them by signing a work contract with them. Another type of bursary is a donor bursary (a bursary awarded to a deserving candidate in a specific field of study or in recognition for his/her work in a specific field of study).
ABOUT THE COMPANY – IMPLATS
Implats is one of the top producers of platinum and related platinum group metals (PGMs) (cobalt, copper and nickel), with operations based in the Great Dyke in Zimbabwe and the Bushveld Complex in SA – two of the greatest global PGM-bearing ore bodies.
The company is listed on the JSE Limited, has approximately 53 000 employees and a revenue of around R26.121 billion.
Implats’ vision is to be the best and biggest platinum-producing organisation across the globe, and they are keeping true to their goal by producing 22% of the primary platinum supply in the world.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED | COVERAGE VALUE
Bursaries are available for study within the following fields:
- Chemical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering (Heavy Current)
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgy Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Accounting (to honours level)
- Human Resources (Bcom to honours level)
- Chemistry (to honours level)
- Geology (to honours level)
The bursary award covers the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees, accommodation in residence, computer allowance (from second year only) and a cash allowance.
MORE ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – SERVICE CONTRACT | SELECTION PROCESS
Bursary recipients will be required to take part in vacation work at Impala Platinum, at the end of every year. They are also required to work for the company for the duration of the bursary programme.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and required to attend an interview (at the Impala Platinum Rustenburg operation). If you have not received feedback within 30 days of the application deadline, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric (with University exemption)
- Studying or plan on studying full-time in one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Achieved a university exemption with a minimum of 60% (“C” symbol/ level 5) for Matric English, Science and Mathematics
- Students with disabilities are welcome to apply
Please also ensure that you possess the following personal criteria:
- Able to work well under pressure
- Good communication skills
- Able to use common sense
- Logical thinking
- Decision making and problem-solving skills
- Leadership skills but still able to work in a team
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download and complete the Impala Platinum Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
The following documents must accompany your application form:
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full tertiary academic record/ proof of results, if currently at tertiary level (certified copy)
- University certificate of conduct, if currently at tertiary level
- Curriculum Vitae
- A recent black and white photograph of yourself (head and shoulders)
Applications must be posted to:
PO Box 5683
31 March 2022.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Implats directly:
Impala Platinum: Bursaries Department
Tel: 014 569 0088
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.