Ernest Oppenheimer Memorial Trust Bursary South Africa 2019 – 2020
ABOUT THE COMPANY – ERNEST OPPENHEIMER MEMORIAL TRUST
The Oppenheimer Memorial Trust was founded by the Oppenheimer family, in honour of the late Sir Ernest Oppenheimer. Ernest Oppenheimer controlled De Beers and was a successful successful and diamond entrepreneur, financier and philanthropist who founded the famous Anglo American Corporation.
The charitable memorial Trust was setup to honor him and to help students with funding their tertiary studies.
Sir Ernest Oppenheimer has a diamond named in his honour by Harry Winston, known as the “Oppenheimer Diamond”.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & SELECTION
The Ernest Oppenheimer bursary is specifically for current Matric students who intend on studying Engineering, Geology or Accounting, at a recognised South African tertiary institution in the following year.
Students will be selected based on academic performance and financial need.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen OR a South African permanent resident
- In need of financial assistance to complete your studies
- Students who intend on studying Engineering/ Geology: must have obtained a minimum level 6 for Mathematics and Science
- Students who intend on studying Accounting: must have obtained a minimum level 6 for Mathematics
HOW TO APPLY
You may apply in one of the following ways:
1) Online at: http://www.careerwise.co.za/index.php?pg=application_forms
(You will need to register an account and then login to complete your application. The promo code to be used is: F2017)
2) By downloading and completing the Ernest Oppenheimer Memorial Trust Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
If you are applying via the application form, your application must be submitted in one of the following ways
a) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
b) Fax: 086 609 7183
Career Wise (Pty) Ltd
PO Box 30632
You will be required to submit copies of the following supporting documentation (if you are applying online: these documents must be uploaded to your online profile, if you are applying with the application form: you must attach copies of the documents and not originals) (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Photograph (passport size)
- Grade 11 final results (current Matric students)
- Proof of admission into a tertiary institution (current Matric students)
- Matric certificate (if completed Matric)
- Full academic record to date (current tertiary students)
- Proof of financial need (proof of household income)
Currently closed for application.
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Career Wise directly:
Tel: 086 100 8777 / 086 100 7787
Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org