Kimberley Ekapa Mining Bursary South Africa 2019 – 2020
ABOUT THE COMPANY – KEM-JV
Kimberley Ekapa Mining JV (KEM-JV), located in Kimberley, Northern Cape is a joint venture between Ekapa Mining and Petra. KEM-JV includes the Kimberley Underground mine, the high volume Central Treatment Plant and tailings retreatment programmes.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Kimberley Ekapa Mining will be awarding bursaries within the following fields of study:
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
MORE ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE, CONTRACTUAL OBLIGATION & SELECTION
The bursary will provide coverage for the following expenses: tuition fees, accommodation and meals or an allowance and a travel allowance. Bursary recipients will also receive life skills training if required and partake in compulsory practical vacation work at Kimberley Ekapa Mining over the December/ January holidays.
Once students have graduated, they will be required to Kimberley Ekapa Mining – the duration of employment will be equal to the period of bursary funding received
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted and required to undergo the recruitment and selection process, which includes a panel interview, pre-screening, profile testing, various assessments, medical clearance and security clearance. If you do not receive any feedback within 30 days of the application deadline, please accept that your application was not successful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Currently in Matric OR completed Matric
- Achieved a minimum of level 6 for Mathematics (NOT Mathematical Literacy) in mid-year exams
- Achieved a minimum of level 6 for Science in mid-year exams
- Studying or intend on studying within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Studying or have been accepted to study at a University or University of Technology in South Africa
- Good academic record if currently studying
- *Preference will be granted to: students who are children of Kimberley Ekapa Mining permanent employees, students who reside within the Frances Baard Municipality with the required qualifications and children on Company scholarship programmes
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Students who meet the above eligibility criteria, must apply by submitting clear copies of the following supporting documentation (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric mid-year results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Full academic record, if at tertiary level (certified copy)
- Proof of acceptance to study at a University or University of Technology
- Curriculum Vitae
- Proof of residence (if residing within the Frances Baard Municipality)
Applications must be submitted electronically via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Insert the words “KEM-JV Bursary Application – Your Full Name” in the email subject line and quote the reference number “KEM166” in your application).
21 November 2018.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Kimberley Ekapa Mining JV directly:
Tel: 053 838 7315