Sibanye-Stillwater Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – SIBANYE-STILLWATER
Sibanye-Stillwater Bursary South Africa | Sibanye-Stillwater, founded in 2012, is one of the biggest producers of palladium and platinum, not only in South Africa but globally. They are also one of the top gold-producing companies in the world. The global precious metal mining group is listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE), as well as on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE).
The company’s South Africa-based operations include the Beatrix operation (located in the Free State), the Kloof; Driefontein and Cooke operations (located in Gauteng) – these comprise surface and underground gold mining operations.
ABOUT THE SIBANYE-STILLWATER BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Sibanye-Stillwater is inviting students to apply for their bursary programme, for the 2023 academic year..
Bursaries will be awarded for studies within these fields, at UJ, WITS, UP, NWU, CUT and UFS:
- Electrical Engineering / Mechanical Engineering (BSc)
- Geology (BSc / Honours)
- Metallurgy / Chemical Engineering (BSc)
- Mining Engineering (BSc)
- Survey (BSc)
There will be a total of 10 bursaries awarded – 4 from the Driefontein Section and 6 from the Beatrix Section.
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the Sibanye-Stillwater Bursary.
MORE ABOUT THE SIBANYE-STILLWATER BURSARY PROGRAMME – SELECTION
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and required to attend a panel interview. The selection process may also include pre-screening and psychometric evaluation. Candidates will also undergo a risk-based medical examination, at the relevant Sibanye-Stillwater Occupational Health Care Centre, to determine whether they are medically fit
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 14 days of the bursary closing date – if you do not receive any feedback by this time, please consider your application unsuccessful.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SIBANYE-STILLWATER BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must have completed Matric
- You must have achieved a university acceptance pass in Matric, with a minimum APS of 23
- You must have achieved a minimum result of 60% for English in Matric
- You must have achieved a minimum result of 60% for Mathematics in Matric
- You must have achieved a minimum result of 60% for Physical Science in Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards one of the qualifications listed above, in 2022
- You must be studying or intend on studying at one of these tertiary institutions: University of Johannesburg (UJ), University of the Witwatersrand (WITS), University of Pretoria (UP), North-West University (NWU), Central University of Technology (CUT) or University of Free State (UFS)
- You must reside in Beatrix Labour sending Area or local community OR Driefonetein Labour sending Area or local community
- Preference will be given to students who reside in the Beatrix local communities and labour-sending areas, who meet the institution’s entry criteria
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE SIBANYE-STILLWATER BURSARY
Applications must be submitted online at:
Sibanye-Stillwater Bursary Application 2022: Beatrix Section
(Reference number: 509506)
Sibanye-Stillwater Bursary Application 2022: Driefontein Section
(Reference number: 509505)
Enter “Zabusaries.com” in the field asking how you heard about the Sibanye-Stillwater bursary.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full academic record/ transcripts, if currently studying (on institutions letterhead)
- Proof of registration or acceptance at UJ, WITS, UP, NWU, CUT or UFS for the 2022 year (on institutions letterhead)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Proof of residence
CLOSING DATE FOR THE SIBANYE-STILLWATER BURSARY
10 October 2022.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, or if you need help with your application, please contact Sibanye-Stillwater directly:
Contact people: Sizakele Mbeje (Human Resources) or Richard Nkewane (Recruitment)
Tel: 011 278 9618
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.
See Also: Bursaries Open All Year Round