Sibanye-Stillwater Bursary South Africa 2022 – 2023
ABOUT THE COMPANY – SIBANYE-STILLWATER
Sibanye-Stillwater Bursary South Africa | Sibanye-Stillwater, founded in 2012, is one of the biggest producers of palladium and platinum, not only in South Africa, but globally. They are also one of the top gold producing companies in the world. The global precious metal mining group is listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE), as well as on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE).
The companies South Africa-based operations include the Beatrix operation (located in the Free State), the Kloof; Driefontein and Cooke operations (located in Gauteng) – these comprise surface and underground gold mining operations.
ABOUT THE SIBANYE-STILLWATER BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Sibanye-Stillwater is inviting students from local community and labor sending areas, to apply for bursary funding for the 2022 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded for studies at the University of Pretoria, University of Johannesburg, University of the Witwatersrand and North-West University, preferably within the following fields (National Diploma / B.Sc. / B.Eng. / BTech / BCom degree and higher degrees):
- Electrical Engineering
- Information Technology
- Instrumentation Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgy Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Rock Engineering
MORE ABOUT THE SIBANYE-STILLWATER BURSARY PROGRAMME – SELECTION
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and required to attend a panel interview. The selection process may also include pre-screening and psychometric evaluation. Candidates will also undergo a risk-based medical examination, at the relevant Sibanye-Stillwater Occupational Health Care Centre, to determine whether they are medically fit
If you have not received any response to your applications within 14 days of the deadline, please consider your application unsuccessful.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SIBANYE-STILLWATER BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must reside within the Sibanye-Stillwate’s local community and labour sending areas
- You must have completed Matric or must be currently in Matric
- You must be studying or registered to study, towards a qualification, preferably in one of the fields listed above
- You must be studying at one of these institutions: University of Pretoria, University of Johannesburg, University of the Witwatersrand or North-West University
- You must have achieved a minimum University Acceptance – APS score of 23
- You must have achieved a minimum result of 60%/ level 5 for English
- You must have achieved a minimum result of 60%/ level 5 for Mathematics
- You must have achieved a minimum result of 60%/ level 5 for Physical Science
- You must be medically fit
- Preference will be given to candidates from local communities and labour sending areas
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE SIBANYE-STILLWATER BURSARY
Applications must be submitted online at: Sibanye-Stillwater Bursary Application
(Reference number: 505748)
Note: ONLY online applications will be accepted, via the link above. Do NOT email/ fax/ post/ hand deliver your application.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- Proof of registration or acceptance at UP/ UJ/ WITS or NWU, for the 2022 year (on institutions’ letterhead)
- Latest academic record, if currently studying (on institutions’ letterhead)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Matric mid-year results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Proof of residence
CLOSING DATE FOR THE SIBANYE-STILLWATER BURSARY
30 November 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, or if you need help with your application, please contact Sibanye-Stillwater directly:
Contact People: Michael Modisaemang (Human Resources) / Tshidi Dinale (Recruitment)
Tel: 014 495 2588
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.
See Also: Bursaries Open All Year Round