Mining Qualifications Authority (MQA) Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
Things To Note Before Applying For A Bursary
Mining Qualifications Authority (MQA) Bursary South Africa
ABOUT THE COMPANY – MQA
The Mining Qualifications Authority (MQA) was established under the Mine Health and Safety Act No.29 of 1996. It is a Sector Education and Training Authority (SETA) that is responsible for administering South Africa’s mining and minerals sector skills development programmes. The MQA aim to ensure that the country’s mining and minerals sector is equipped with sufficient skills to improve employment equity, health and safety and productivity standards.
ABOUT THE MQA BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Mining Qualifications Authority (MQA) is inviting students to apply for their bursary programme, for the 2023 academic year..
Bursaries will be awarded to 700 Unemployed Learners, pursuing studies at public Universities, Universities of Technology and TVET Colleges, in the following fields:
University and University of Technology students:
- Analytical Chemistry
- Chemical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electro-Mechanical Engineering
- Environmental Health and Management
- Industrial Engineering
- Jewellery Design and Manufacturing
- Metallurgical Engineering
- Mine Surveying
- Mining Engineering
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Occupational Hygiene
- Occupational Medicine
- Operations Management
- Quality Management
Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) College students:
- Fitter and Turner
- Fitting (including Machinery)
- Instrumentation Mechanic
- Motor Mechanic (Diesel)
- Rigger Ropes man
Note: MQA may also fund other qualifications which are necessary for the mining and minerals sector.
MORE ABOUT THE MQA BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE | SELECTION
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: tuition fees, book allowance, accommodation allowance and a meal allowance.
Successful candidates will receive feedback by no later than 15 December 2022 – if you do not receive any communication by this date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the MQA Bursary.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE MQA BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be unemployed
- You must be currently in Matric or have completed Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards an Undergraduate qualification, in one of the aforementioned fields of study (postgraduate studies will NOT be funded)
- You must be studying or intend on studying at a public University, University of Technology or TVET College in South Africa
Preference will be given to:
- Female candidates
- Students who live in rural communities
- Students who have applied to study at a local tertiary institution
- Students in financial need (with a total household income of less than R600 000 per year)
- Students with a strong academic record
- Historically Disadvantaged Individuals
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE MQA BURSARY
Download and complete the MQA Bursary Application Form 2022 (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Grade 11 final report or Matric mid-year report, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Proof of acceptance at a University, University of Technology or TVET College for 2022, if currently in Matric (on institutions letterhead)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Full tertiary academic record, if currently studying (on institutions letterhead)
- Parents or guardians proof of household income (latest payslips if employed, affidavit if unemployed, affidavit if not in contact with 1 or more parents, proof of SASSA payment if applicable, death certificate if deceased)
Applications must be submitted electronically via email to: email@example.com
(Insert your “full names and surname and ID number” in the email subject line).
NOTES ABOUT THE MQA BURSARY
- The application form is in a fillable PDF format – you must complete it electronically (preferably on a desktop computer or laptop) and NOT by hand.
- The completed application form must be renamed with your full name and surname.
- Supporting documents must be scanned and properly named – please do not take pictures of your documents with a cellphone or tablet.
- Supporting documents must be named appropriately and NOT submitted in a zipped folder.
- Email your application forms and all of your supporting documents in one email.
- Ensure that all the information you provide in your application form is true and correct – submitting false information and documents will result in disqualification.
CLOSING DATE FOR THE MQA BURSARY
1 September 2022.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact your nearest MQA regional office directly:
1) Eastern Cape office:
Tel: 047 505 1047
Physical address: King Sabata Dalindyebo TVET College, R61 Queenstown Road, Cicira Village, Mthatha, 5099
2) Free State office:
Tel: 087 095 0266
Physical address: Goldfields TVET College, 14107 Ndaki Road, Tosa Campus, Thabong, 9463
3) Gauteng office:
Tel: 011 547 2600
Physical address: MQA Head Office 7 Anerley Road, Block C, Parktown, 2193
4) Limpopo office:
Tel: 087 095 0267
Physical address: Sekhukhune TVET College, CN Phatudi Campus, Stand No. 2659, Praktiseer,
5) Mpumalanga office:
Tel: 013 696 8120 / 013 696 2121
Physical address: Nkangala TVET College, Mpondozankomo Campus, 1 Moses Kotane Drive, Ferrobank, Emalahleni, 1045
6) North West office:
Tel: 014 555 8860
Physical address: Old Shopping Complex, 53 Karee Street, Mooinooi, 0325
7) Northern Cape office:
Tel: 053 723 0100
Physical address: Northern Cape Rural TVET College, Kathu Campus, Hans Coetzee Drive, Kathu, 8446
COMPUTER SCIENCE | IT BURSARIES
CONSTRUCTION | BUILT ENVIRONMENT BURSARIES
UNIVERSITIES IN SOUTH AFRICA | UNIVERSITY-SPECIFIC BURSARIES
CLICK HERE FOR THE LATEST BURSARY APPLICATION FORMS
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.
What do I need to apply for the NSFAS bursary?
Click Here for All Bursaries and Nsfas Details
How To Reset Your NSFAS Username?
What Does The NSFAS Bursary Cover?
Do You Receive An Email Or SMS If You Have Been Funded By NSFAS?
How To Appeal A NSFAS Rejection?
What You Will Need To Receive Your NSFAS Allowances Via NSFAS Wallet?
NSFAS CLOSING SOON: How to Apply Online
NSFAS Online Bursary Applications 2023 – 2024
How Do You Check If NSFAS Has Funded You?
NSFAS Approves 300 000 Funding Applications
NSFAS Bursaries – Your Questions Answered
Click Here Details On NSFAS, National Student Financial Aid Scheme
Read Also: Bursaries Open All Year Round
Read Also: South African Bursaries January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
See Also: Bursaries Open All Year Round
See Also: South African Bursaries January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December