Gold Fields Ltd Bursary South Africa 2019 – 2020
ABOUT THE COMPANY – GOLD FIELDS
Gold Fields, one of the biggest gold mining firms in the world, was founded by Cecil John Rhodes and Charles Rudd in South Africa in 1887. In the year 1932, the company started mining in the West Rand where large gold deposits were located. Gold Fields Limited was formed in 1998 when a merged occurred between Gold Fields of South Africa and Gencor.
With headquarters in Johannesburg, South Africa, Gold Fields is listed on not only the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE), but also the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE). The global gold producing company currently has 8 large mining operations spanning across 3 continents in Africa (South Africa and Ghana), Australia (Australia) and South America (Peru).
Gold Fields’ aim is to be the worldwide leader in sustainable gold mining.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Gold Fields awards bursaries for students studying towards a bachelors degree or national diploma at a South African university or institute of technology. Gold Fields offers bursaries to students who show great potential and who they would like to become part of the company’s work force.
The bursary will be awarded to students studying/ intending on studying within the following fields:
- Chemical Engineering (BSc degree/ National Diploma/ National Technical Diploma),
- Electrical Engineering (Heavy & Light Current) (BSc degree/ National Diploma/ National Technical Diploma),
- Environmental Management (National Diploma/ National Technical Diploma),
- Extraction Metallurgy (National Diploma/ National Technical Diploma),
- Finance (BSc degree/ National Diploma/ National Technical Diploma),
- Geology Honours (BSc degree),
- Mechanical Engineering (BSc degree/ National Diploma/ National Technical Diploma),
- Metallurgical Engineering (BSc degree),
- Mining Engineering (BSc degree/ National Diploma/ National Technical Diploma),
- Mine Survey (National Diploma/ National Technical Diploma).
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen,
- Provide academic record for Grade 11 & progress in Grade 12/ Grade 12 final academic record,
- Under 21 years old during first year of study (undergraduate/ underdiplomate/ first year students) or,
- Under 23 years old during second year of study,
- Currently studying or intending to study full-time towards a degree/ national qualification at a South African university/ institute of technology,
- University students: intend on studying full-time the following year,
- Technikon students: have a Medical Certificate of Fitness/ able to obtain one,
- Been accepted by the tertiary institution for study in the following year.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Applications are currently closed until further notice.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy of)
- Grade 11 final results AND Matric latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copy of)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy of)
Applications must be submitted via post to –
Gold Fields Business and Leadership
Private Bag X11
Asst. Supervisor: Education
Gold Fields Academy
Private Bag X11
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Gold Fields directly:
Tel: 011 752 1145
Fax: 011 752 1109 / 086 535 2378
Gold Fields Business and Leadership Academy (GFBLA)
Private Bag X11