Investec Bank CSI Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – INVESTEC
Investec, founded in 1974 by 3 co-founders, namely Ian Kantor; Errol Grolman and Larry Nestadt, is a global asset management and specialist banking group. The company serves a client base across 3 countries (South Africa; Australia and the United Kingdom) with various financial products and services.
Investec, listed on the JSE (Johannesburg Stock Exchange) and the LSE (London Stock Exchange), employs over 9000 staff members worldwide. The company has banking operations in the United States; Canada; Switzerland; Hong Kong; Taiwan; Guernsey; Jersey; Botswana; Namibia and Mauritius
The bank’s services include Investment Banking; Private Banking; and Corporate and Institutional Banking.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME
The Investec Bank CSI Bursary, administered by the StudyTrust, are awarding partial bursaries to those studying (or planning to study) towards a specific undergraduate degree qualification, relevant to the financial services and other key industries.
The partial bursary will provide coverage for approximately 50% of the total study fees per annum – students will be required to cover the remainder of their fees via another method (student loan/ NSFAS etc).
Bursaries will be awarded within the following fields of study:
- Business Economics
- Business Science
- Commercial LLB
- Actuarial Science
- Computer Science (BSc)
- Information Technology (BSc / BIT-Bachelors of)
- Information Science (BIS-Bachelor of)
- Informatics (BCom)
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Strong academic potential
- Completed Matric OR currently in Matric
- Achieved a minimum result of 50% for ALL subjects in Matric
- Achieved a minimum result of 70% for English in Matric
- Achieved a minimum result of 70% for Mathematics in Matric (not Mathematical Literacy)
- Studying or intend on studying full time within one of the aforementioned fields of study (undergraduate degree)
- Studying or intend on studying at a recognised public University in South Africa (students at private institutions will not be funded)
- Actuarial Science students must be in the first year of study
- Proven financial need
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Applications must be done in one of the following ways:
1) Online at https://leap.ly/campaign/study-trust
You will be required to register an account before you can log in and apply. This is the preferred method of application.
2) By downloading and completing the Investec CSI Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Only for current Matric students and Gap year students who do NOT have internet access. A valid email address is required.
Applications must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 086 538 1537.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online or hardcopy application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Full tertiary academic record, if at tertiary level (certified copy)
- Proof of provisional admission to a tertiary institution
- Curriculum Vitae
- Photo of you (head and shoulders only)
- Testimonial from an Educational Official
- Parents/ guardians/ household proof of income (salary or wage slips if employed/ affidavit if unemployed/ affidavit stating annual income if self-employed/ 3 months most recent bank statements or latest audited financial statement if they own a business/ SASSA letter stating grants received if applicable/ death certificate if deceased/ letter from the court stating child support amount if parents are divorced or affidavit from a parent stating the child support amount received if parents are separated)
30 September 2020.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact StudyTrust directly:
Fax: 086 538 1537
Email: email@example.com / applications@StudyTrust.org.za