Limpopo Department of Public Works, Roads & Infrastructure Bursary South Africa 2021 – 2022
ABOUT THE COMPANY – LIMPOPO PROVINCIAL GOVERNMENT
Limpopo province is the northernmost province in South Africa, named after the Limpopo River that flows on the border. Originally called Northern Transvaal, but changed to the Limpopo province in 2003. Out of all the South African provinces, Limpopo has the highest level of poverty, with 78.9% of the population below the national poverty line.
Limpopo is made up of 5 municipal districts and 25 subdivisions of local municipalities.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Provincial Government of Limpopo province is offering bursary awards to applicants who they believe will be the future of the country. This bursary programme is to encourage financially disadvantaged students to realise their academic potential and ultimately enter the Engineering and other technical fields – the sectors in which skill shortage is becoming a reality in the country.
The bursary will be awarded to students in the following fields of study:
- Architectural Science (Degree)
- Building Engineering (Degree)
- Quantity Surveying (Degree)
- Civil Engineering (Degree)
- Electrical Engineering (Degree)
- Mechanical Engineering (Degree)
- Financial Management (Degree or National Diploma)
- Landscaping (Degree or National Diploma)
- Property and Facility Management (Degree or National Diploma)
- Asset Management (Degree or National Diploma)
MORE ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE & SERVICE CONTRACT
The bursary will cover the following expenses: Registration fees, Tuition costs, Accommodation and Meals, Textbooks.
Bursary recipients will be required to work back the bursary on completion of studies – the work period will be equal to that of the bursary awarded.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen,
- Reside in the Limpopo province
- Current tertiary students: studying in one of the above fields, at an established South African tertiary institution (within the Limpopo province)
- Current Matric students: intending on studying one of the above fields, accepted at a tertiary institution
- Must have passed Grade 12/ Matric Mathematics and Science or NTC 3
- If not currently studying, have been accepted to study at a University or Technikon
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download and complete the Limpopo Provincial Government Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
1) ID document (certified copy only)
2) Motivational letter (tell us about yourself and why you should be awarded this bursary)
3) Recent examination results (certified copy only)
4) Provisional admission letter from your selected tertiary institution
5) Proof of household income: parents/guardian’s payslips (copy only)
6) An affidavit from Commissioner of Oaths confirming household income
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
The Senior Manager
HRD & PMS
Department of Public Works
Private Bag X 9490
43 Church Street
31 October 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Limpopo Provincial Government directly:
Contact People: Ms Linda Kaseke/ Ms Ester Sehlapelo
Tel: 015 284 7107/ 015 284 7156/ 015 284 7422