Limpopo Department of Public Works, Roads & Infrastructure Bursary South Africa 2022 – 2023
ABOUT THE COMPANY – LIMPOPO PROVINCIAL GOVERNMENT
Limpopo province is the northernmost province in South Africa, named after the Limpopo River that flows on the border. Originally called Northern Transvaal, but changed to the Limpopo province in 2003. Out of all the South African provinces, Limpopo has the highest level of poverty, with 78.9% of the population below the national poverty line.
Limpopo is made up of 5 municipal districts and 25 subdivisions of local municipalities.
ABOUT THE LIMPOPO DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC WORKS BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Limpopo Department of Public Works, Roads and Infrastructure is inviting students residing in the province to apply for bursary funding, for the 2022 academic year.
The Limpopo Province has a shortage of qualified Engineers, Technicians and other needed scarce skills areas, who are essential to establishing, maintaining and managing Government office buildings, and the bursary programme aims to address this skill shortage, by funding students in these fields. The bursary also aims to provide funding for those in need of financial assistance.
Bursaries will be awarded for studies within the following fields:
- Architectural Science (Degree)
- Building Engineering (Degree)
- Quantity Surveying (Degree)
- Civil Engineering (Degree)
- Electrical Engineering (Degree)
- Mechanical Engineering (Degree)
- Financial Management (Degree or National Diploma)
- Landscaping (Degree or National Diploma)
- Property and Facility Management (Degree or National Diploma)
- Asset Management (Degree or National Diploma)
MORE ABOUT THE LIMPOPO DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC WORKS BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE & SERVICE CONTRACT
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees, prescribed textbooks, accommodation and meals.
Bursary recipients will be required to work back the bursary on completion of studies – the work period will be equal to that of the bursary awarded.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE LIMPOPO DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC WORKS BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must reside in the Limpopo province
- You must have completed Matric or be currently in Matric
- You must have passed Mathematics and Science in Matric or NTC 3 (National Technical Certificates)
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards one of the aforementioned Degree or National Diploma qualifications
- You must be studying or accepted to study at a recognised tertiary institution in South Africa (University or University of Technology)
- Preference will be given to students from designated groups, those who are previously disadvantaged, have a strong academic record and have been accepted to study at an approved tertiary institution
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download and complete the Limpopo Provincial Government Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Full academic record including latest results, if currently studying (on institutions letterhead)
- Provisional of acceptance at a tertiary institution (on institutions letterhead)
- Motivational letter
- Parents/ guardians proof of household income (latest payslips if employed, affidavit if unemployed, proof of SASSA grant if applicable, proof of pension if applicable, death certificate if deceased)
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
The Senior Manager
HRD & PMS
Department of Public Works
Private Bag X 9490
2) Hand delivery:
Limpopo Department of Public Works, Roads and Infrastructure
43 Church Street
CLOSING DATE FOR THE LIMPOPO DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC WORKS BURSARY
31 October 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Limpopo Department of Public Works, Roads and Infrastructure directly:
1) Ms Ester Sehlapelo – Tel: 015 284 7422
1) Ms Linda Kaseke – Tel: 015 284 7107/ 015 284 7156