Palabora Mining Bursary South Africa 2022 – 2023
ABOUT THE COMPANY – PALABORA MINING
Palabora Mining Bursary South Africa 2022 – 2023 | Palabora Mining Company Limited, established in 1956, is a publicly-traded mining company which operates underground and open-pit mines. PMC’s mines produce copper and byproducts, including precious metals from sulfuric acid; nickel sulfate; anode slimes; vermiculite and magnetite. In fact, their open cast mine is the widest man-made hole in Africa, at nearly 2 000 meters in width.
Over and above the company’s mining efforts, Palabora maintains subsidiaries in Singapore, the United Kingdom and the United States for marketing vermiculite.
The JSE listed company is headquartered in Phalaborwa, Limpopo, South Africa and is the country’s sole producer of refined copper. 57% of the company’s stock is owned by the Rio Tinto Group (international mining conglomerates); while 17% is owned by Anglo American PLC and the remaining 26% is a public float.
ABOUT THE PALABORA MINING COMPANY BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Palabora Mining Company is inviting students to apply for their bursary programme, for the 2022 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded for undergraduate studies within the following fields:
- Accounting, Actuarial Science, Economics, Finance, Internal Auditing
- Agriculture, Bachelor of Science, Chemistry, Environmental Health, Environmental Science, Food Science, Food Technology, Safety Management
- Analytical Chemistry, Geology, Mine Surveying
- Bachelor of Education
- Biomedical Technology, Biotechnology, Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy
- Building and Construction
- Business Management, Corporate Communication, Human Resource Management, Industrial Psychology
- Digital Marketing, Sales and Marketing
- Engineering (Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering, Mining Engineering, Process Control Engineering)
- Information Technology, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Data Analytics
- Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Transport
MORE ABOUT THE PMC BURSARY PROGRAMME – EXPENSES COVERED, SELECTION & RENEWAL
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: tuition fees, accommodation, meals and a textbook allowance. Bursary recipients will be selected based on academic merit only.
The bursary programme is administered by CareerWise, which is responsible for accepting, scanning and shortlisting candidates.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted no later than 15 July 2022. If you have not received any feedback by this date, please regard your application as unsuccessful. Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend an interview and undergo psychometric testing.
The bursary is renewable each year, dependent on satisfactory academic performance.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE PMC BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be between 16 and 35 years old
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying towards an undergraduate qualification in one of the fields listed above
- You must be enrolled and studying at a recognised and accredited University or the University of Technology in South Africa
- You must have a strong academic record and be able to demonstrate potential academic success
- You must have NO criminal record
- Preference will be given to applicants from the Ba-Phalaborwa Community
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE PMC BURSARY
Applications must be submitted online at; Palabora Mining Company Bursary Application 2023
Use the following as the promo code/ reference: “PMC2022”
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full academic record (on institutions letterhead)
- Proof of enrollment at University or University of Technology (on institutions letterhead)
CLOSING DATE FOR THE PMC BURSARY
10 June 2022.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact CareerWise directly:
Tel: 086 100 7787 / 011 258 4464
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.