Keaton Energy Mining/ Wescoal Bursaries South Africa 2020 – 2021
ABOUT THE COMPANY – KEATON ENERGY
Keaton Energy is a junior coal mining company in South Africa, whose flagship colliery produce coal for supply to Eskom, as well as metallurgical coal for supply to domestic industrial consumers. In 2017, Keaton Energy Holdings was acquired by Wescoal Holdings Limited, a management and investment company who are involved in coal mining, processing, selling, supplying and distribution.
Wescoal operates mainly in South Africa and currently operates via 2 major divisions, namely Mining and Trading. The Mining Division is based in Mpumalanga and includes 3 mines, as well as a processing plant. The Trading Division includes a logistics network and 5 depots which cover the entirety of southern Africa.
Wescoal consists of the following major segments: Investment Holding, Trading, Mining and Property Rental. The Investment Holding segment is focused on acts as a central treasury and is the holding company. The Trading segment is focused on the buying and selling of coal and coal-related products to customers inland. The Trading segment is focused on mining, exploration and benefication of bituminous coal. The Property Rental segment is focused on the rental of properties to various other segments in the Company.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Keaton Mining Bursary scheme was implemented in order to help students achieve their dream of studying towards an Engineering qualification. Bursaries will be awarded within the following fields of study:
University of Technology students (National Diploma/ National Technical Diploma/ B Tech qualification):
- Chemical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering (Heavy Current & Light Current)
- Extraction Metallurgy
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mine Survey
- Mining Engineering
University students (degree):
- BSc Chemical Engineering
- BSc Electrical Engineering
- BSc Geology (undergraduate and honours)
- BSc Mechanical Engineering
- BSc Metallurgical Engineering
- BSc Mining Engineering
MORE ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE & SERVICE CONTRACT
The bursary award will cover the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees, accommodation (or living-out allowance) and a personal allowance (for prescribed books, study materials and pocket money).
On completion of their studies, bursary recipients will be required to work for KEATON ENERGY (or their nominee) for an equal duration of time as their bursary award.
Please read the CONTRACTUAL OBLIGATIONS on the bursary application form before applying.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- University of Technology students:
- currently in Matric, OR
- completed Matric with a minimum of level 4 for Mathematics and Physical Science in Matric OR HG D/ SG C for Mathematics and Physical Science in Matric
- in possession of a Medical Certificate of Fitness or fit enough to acquire one
- University students:
- currently in Matric, OR
- bachelors pass in Matric
- 21 years old or younger during your first year of study OR 23 years old or younger during your second year of study
- Studying (or intend on studying) full-time in one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Studying (or accepted to study) at a recognised University or Institute of Technology in South Africa
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download and complete the relevant Keaton Mining Bursary Application Form :
Keaton Mining Bursary Application Form (Technikon)(.pdf)
Keaton Mining Bursary Application Form (University) (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy of)
- Current Matric students: Grade 11 end-of-year results and Matric progress report/ latest results (certified copies of)
- Students who have completed Matric: Matric certificate (certified copy of)
- Proof of enrolement or acceptance to study at a University or Institute of Technology
Complete application forms and supporting documentation must be submitted to:
Group SLP Manager
Keaton Energy Holdings (Pty) Limited
Postnet Suite 464
Private Bag X51
30 June annually.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Keaton Energy/ Wescoal directly:
Tel: 011 317 1700
Tel: 011 049 8611