Kumba Iron Ore Bursary South Africa 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – KUMBA IRON ORE
Kumba Iron Ore Bursary South Africa 2024 | Kumba Iron Ore Bursary South Africa, South African iron-ore mining company, Kumba Iron Ore, is the biggest iron-ore producer in Africa and the fourth biggest across the globe. The company is a successor of Kumba Resources and was listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange in 2001.
Kumba Iron Ore conducts its mining operations via open-pit (open-cast) methods. The iron ore products are then sold domestically to AMSA, as well as internationally to various countries including Japan, China, South Korea, the Middle East, and parts of Europe.
The company is a member of the Anglo American plc group, Anglo American is a 69.7% shareholder, while minorities hold 17.4% and the Industrial Development Corporation (IDC) holds 12.9% of shares.
ABOUT THE KUMBA IRON ORE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Kumba Iron Ore is inviting students to apply for their bursary programme, for the 2024 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded for undergraduate studies within the following fields:
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Corporate Affairs
- Data Analytics
- Electrical Engineering
- Human Resources Management
- Industrial Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering
- Mine Surveying
- Mining Engineering
- Occupational Hygiene
- Occupational Medicine
- Projects (SIB)
- Safety Management
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the Kumba Iron Ore Bursary.
MORE ABOUT THE KUMBA IRON ORE BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE, DURATION, OTHER OPPORTUNITIES & SELECTION
The bursary will provide full cover for the following expenses: tuition fees, book fees, and accommodation. Students will also have the opportunity to partake in paid vacation work (as part of the Institution’s requirements), which will take place in the Northern Cape.
The duration of the bursary contract will be dependent on the student’s current year of study.
After graduation, bursary recipients may be able to join the company’s graduate programme (depending on available placement and student performance).
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date – if you do not receive any feedback by this date, please consider your application unsuccessful. Shortlisted candidates will then be required to take part in assessments and interviews.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE KUMBA IRON ORE BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards an undergraduate qualification in one of the fields listed above
- You must be entering your 1st, 2nd or 3rd year of study in 2024
- You must be studying or registered/ provisionally accepted to study at a recognized and accredited University in South Africa
- You must have a strong academic record
- You must be willing and able to complete vacation work in the Northern Cape, during the university holidays
- You must have a valid Code B Driver’s License or be able to obtain it during the bursary period
- You must obtain operational experience in the mining industry during vacation work periods
- Preference will be given to candidates that are local to the mining area communities in the Northern Cape
- Preference will be given to students who originate from the Northern Cape
- Preference will be given to differently-abled candidates
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE KUMBA IRON ORE BURSARY
Applications must be submitted online at; Kumba Iron Ore Bursary Application 2024
Please use the following promotional code when applying/ tracking your application: KIO2024
Enter “Zabusaries.com” in the field asking how you heard about the Kumba Iron Ore bursary.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Full tertiary academic record, if currently studying (on letterhead)
- Proof of University registration/ provisional acceptance (on letterhead)
- Drivers License, if applicable (certified copy)
CLOSING DATE FOR THE KUMBA IRON ORE BURSARY
15 September 2023.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Career Wise (the bursary administrators) directly:
Tel: 011 258 4464 / 0860 100 7787
Contact page: https://careerwise.co.za/contact-us/
Please do NOT contact Canon Collins if this scholarship has already closed. View our other bursaries open for application here
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.