Kantey And Templer Bursary South Africa 2021 – 2022
Kantey And Templer Bursary South Africa
ABOUT THE COMPANY – KANTEY & TEMPLER
Kantey & Templer, established in 1953 by Basil Kantey, is a leading provider and manager of professional engineering expertise in Africa. The companies engineering disciplines include Mechanical, Electrical, Geotechnical, Structural, Petrochemical, Contamination and Environmental, Quantity Surveying/ Cost Engineering, Roads and Transportation, and Urban and Rural Development.
Since its inception, the company has conducted numerous successful projects across the African continent. Headquartered in Cape Town, Kantey & Templer also has offices across other cities in South Africa, including Johannesburg; Durban; Port Elizabeth; Pietermaritzburg; East London; Knysna; George and Port Shepstone.
ABOUT THE KANTEY & TEMPLER BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Kantey & Templer are inviting students to apply for their Bursary and Educational Assistance Scheme, for the 2022 academic year. The bursary is aimed at Engineering students, who are deserving of funding – proven by academic merit and financial circumstances
Bursaries will be awarded for studies towards a BSc degree or technical diploma in one of these fields:
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
MORE ABOUT THE KANTEY & TEMPLER BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE, OTHER OPPORTUNITIES & SERVICE CONTRACT
The bursary will generally cover full tuition fees, an allowance for textbook and study materials, and in exceptional cases, an accommodation allowance. The bursary value will be determined based on the qualification merits and the course fees.
Bursaries are awarded for 1 academic year at a time and are renewable each year based on satisfactory academic performance.
On completion of the qualification, bursary recipients will be required to work at Kantey & Templer for the equal duration of the bursary award. Applicants may also be required to do vacation work in the June/ July and December/ January holidays.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted – should you not receive any feedback by 30 November 2021 at the latest, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE KANTEY & TEMPLER BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards one of the aforementioned Engineering qualifications (BSc degree or technical diploma)
- You must be studying or intend on studying at a University or the University of Technology in South Africa
- Preference will be given to students who have completed their first year of study (however, first-year students are also welcome to apply)
- You must have a strong academic record
- You must be in financial need
- Students from previously disadvantaged backgrounds are encouraged to apply
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download and complete the Kantey & Templer Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Alternatively, students can contact the Kantey & Templer Cape Town office to request an application form (Email: email@example.com or Telephone: 021 405 9600).
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full tertiary academic record, including latest results, if currently studying (on institutes letterhead)
- Proof of admission or registration at University or University of Technology
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
1) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2) Fax: 021 419 6774
Kantey & Templer (Pty) Ltd
P O Box 3132
CLOSING DATE FOR THE KANTEY & TEMPLER BURSARY
30 September 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Kantey & Templer directly:
Head Office: Cape Town
Tel: 021 405 9600
See Also: Bursaries Open All Year Round