Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – NELSON MANDELA BAY MUNICIPALITY
Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality Bursary South Africa | The Nelson Mandela Bay Metropolitan Municipality (NMBM), formed in 2001, is one of South Africa’s eight metropolitan municipalities. The “Category A” municipality was named in honour of Nelson Mandela, South Africa’s former President.
The NMBM, situated within the Eastern Cape, on the shores of Algoa Bay, covers Port Elizabeth, as well as the neighbouring towns Despatch and Uitenhage and nearby rural areas.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality is inviting students to apply for their External Bursary Programme, for the 2023 academic year..
Bursaries will be awarded for studies within the following fields (these areas have been identified as scarce and critical by the Local Government Sector Education and Training Authority (LGSETA)), to students residing in the Eastern Cape:
- Building (National Diploma)
- Construction Management (Bachelor of Technology)
- Copywriting (National Diploma)
- Creative Brand (Master of Arts)
- Digital Marketing (Bachelor of Commerce)
- Environmental Sciences (Bachelors Degree)
- Geo Information Systems (Bachelor of Geography)
- Graphic Design (Bachelor of Arts Honors)
- Internal Auditing (Bachelors Degree)
- Internal Auditing (Diploma)
- Marketing (Bachelor of Business Administration)
- Marketing (National Diploma)
- Master in Policy Development | Implementation
- Mechanical Engineering (Diploma)
- Public Administration (Postgraduate Diploma)
- Stakeholder Management (Postgraduate Diploma)
- Strategic Brand (Bachelor of Commerce with Honors)
- Strategic Brand Communication (Bachelor of Arts Honors)
MORE ABOUT THE NELSON MANDELA BAY MUNICIPALITY BURSARY PROGRAMME – EXPENSES COVERED
The bursary will cover the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees and book fees.
The Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality’s External Bursary Programme is aimed at providing academic funding to academically deserving students with financial needs. The bursary aims to address the priority skills and qualifications within the Municipalities areas.
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality Bursary.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE NELSON MANDELA BAY MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must under 30 years old when applying for the bursary
- You must reside in Gqeberha or Kariega, within the Eastern Cape Province
- You must have completed Matric
- You must intend on studying full-time towards one of the qualifications listed above, in 2022
- You must have been accepted to study at a recognised and accredited public university in South Africa
- You must have achieved a minimum academic average of 60% in the 2023 academic year.
- You must have achieved a minimum academic average of 60% for the required subjects aligned with the qualification that you are studying towards, among the above listed
- You must be unemployed
- You must have a proven financial need (evidence will be required from shortlisted applicants)
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE THE NELSON MANDELA BAY MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
Download and complete the Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality Bursary Application Form 2022(.pdf)
Enter “Zabusaries.com” in the field asking how you heard about the Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality Bursary.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric final results/ certificate (certified copy)
- Proof of acceptance to a public university (on the institution’s letterhead)
- Course outline and course timetable for the duration of the qualification
- Quotation from the institution for all study-related expenses
- Motivation letter to support your application (between 500 and 1000 words) (read our tips on how to write a motivational letter for your bursary application)
- Parents or guardians’ ID documents, if you are under 18 (certified copies)
- Proof of residence (account statement or affidavit from ward councillor)
Note: documents must have been certified within the last 6 months.
Applications must be submitted to:
Executive Director: Corporate Services
Skills Development and Employment
Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality
Govan Mbeki Avenue
CLOSING DATE FOR THE THE NELSON MANDELA BAY MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
31 January 2023 (at 14:00).
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality directly:
Contact person: Ms. Bajabulile Makaya
Tel: 041 506 1249
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.