Royal HaskoningDHV Bursary South Africa 2021 – 2022
ABOUT THE COMPANY – ROYAL HASKONINGDHV
Royal HaskoningDHV was first known as “SSI Engineers and Environmental Consultants” when it was formed in 1922. The company was originally registered as Stewart Scott (Pty) Ltd and traded as Stewart Scott International (SSI), however in 2006, the company changed its name to SSI. In 2012, the company underwent another name change as the result of a merger between two companies, namely DHV and Royal Haskoning.
Royal HaskoningDHV, headquartered in the Netherlands, is an independent international engineering consultancy firm that is active in various fields, including energy; water; mining; buildings; infrastructure; maritime; aviation; industry; urban and rural development.
The company currently has offices across 30 countries and employs around 6000 staff members.
ABOUT THE ROYAL HASKONINGDHV BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Royal HaskoningDHV is inviting university students to apply for a bursary award, for the 2022 academic year. Candidates will be selected based on 2 major criteria: academic performance and financial need.
The company is committed to developing the engineering industry in South Africa, and thus will be awarding bursaries for studies towards any of the following degree qualifications:
- Civil Engineering (BSc or BEng)
- Electrical Engineering (BSc or BEng)
- Mechanical Engineering (BSc or BEng)
- Data Science (BSc)
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROYAL HASKONINGDHV BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying towards one of the aforementioned Engineering or Data Science degrees
- You must be studying at a recognised and accredited university in South Africa
- You must have achieved and maintained a minimum overall average of 65%
- You must be highly motivated and dedicated
- You must be passionate about innovation and problem-solving
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE ROYAL HASKONINGDHV BURSARY
Applications must be done online at: Royal HaskoningDHV Bursary Application 2022
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- South African ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate or final results (certified copy)
- Full academic record/ transcripts to date (on institutions letterhead)
- Proof of registration at a recognised and accredited university in South Africa (on institutions letterhead)
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (latest payslips or a tax return statement confirming income if employed/ affidavit if unemployed)
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae
- Motivational Essay, including details about: yourself, your family, parents, current circumstances, your passions, your strengths and weaknesses, brief details about studies so far and more
- 2 Testimonials from educators
CLOSING DATE FOR THE ROYAL HASKONINGDHV BURSARY
30 September 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered).
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Royal HaskoningDHV directly:
Tel: 087 352 1500