Royal HaskoningDHV Bursary South Africa 2022 – 2023
ABOUT THE COMPANY – ROYAL HASKONINGDHV
Royal HaskoningDHV was first known as “SSI Engineers and Environmental Consultants” when it was formed in 1922. The company was originally registered as Stewart Scott (Pty) Ltd and traded as Stewart Scott International (SSI), however in 2006, the company changed its name to SSI. In 2012, the company underwent another name change as the result of a merger between two companies, namely DHV and Royal Haskoning.
Royal HaskoningDHV, headquartered in the Netherlands, is an independent international engineering consultancy firm that is active in various fields, including energy; water; mining; buildings; infrastructure; maritime; aviation; industry; urban and rural development.
The company currently has offices across 30 countries and employs around 6000 staff members.
ABOUT THE ROYAL HASKONINGDHV BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Royal HaskoningDHV is inviting students to apply for bursary funding, through the DHV Education Foundation Trust (The DEF), for the 2023 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded for degree studies in these fields:
- Civil Engineering (BSc or BEng)
- Electrical Engineering (BSc or BEng)
- Mechanical Engineering (BSc or BEng)
- Data Science (BSc)
Royal HaskoningDHV established the DHV Education Foundation Trust (The DEF) as part of their commitment to enhancing society. The DEF Bursary Programme provides funding for undergraduate degree studies in selected fields, at South African Universities.
MORE ABOUT THE ROYAL HASKONINGDHV BURSARY PROGRAMME – EXPENSES COVERED & OTHER OPPORTUNITIES
Bursaries will be awarded based on 2 main factors: academic performance and financial need.
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: tuition fees, accommodation and allowances.
Bursary recipients will also have the opportunity to partake in vacation work during their studies. And after graduation, bursars may be offered employment at Royal HaskoningDHV, subject to the availability of graduate vacancies.
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the Royal HaskoningDHV Bursary.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROYAL HASKONINGDHV BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying toward one of the BSc or BEng degrees listed above
- You must have completed your first year of study
- You must be studying at a recognised and accredited university in South Africa
- You must have achieved and maintained a minimum overall average of 65%
- You must be highly motivated and dedicated
- You must be passionate about innovation and problem-solving
- You must have proven financial need
- Preference will be given to students from designated groups
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE ROYAL HASKONINGDHV BURSARY
Applications must be submitted online at Royal HaskoningDHV Bursary Application 2023
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- South African ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate or final results (certified copy)
- Full academic record/ transcripts to date (on institutions letterhead)
- Proof of registration at a university in South Africa (on institutions letterhead)
- Parents or guardians proof of income (latest payslips or a tax return statement confirming income if employed/ affidavit if unemployed)
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae
- Motivational Essay (to be completed on the Royal HaskoningDHV Motivational Essay Form [.docx])
- 2 Testimonials from educators (to be completed on the Royal HaskoningDHV Testimonial by Educator Form [.docx])
Note: the Motivational Essay Form and Testimonial by Educator Form may also be accessed here.
CLOSING DATE FOR THE ROYAL HASKONINGDHV BURSARY
30 September 2022.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered).
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Royal HaskoningDHV directly:
Tel: 087 352 1500
Contact page: https://global.royalhaskoningdhv.com/contact
Other offices in SA: https://global.royalhaskoningdhv.com/offices#south-africa
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.