Barloworld Education Trust Bursary South Africa 2021 – 2022
ABOUT THE COMPANY – BARLOWORLD
Barloworld Limited, founded in South Africa in the year 1902, is an industrial brand management organisation and distributor of leading global brands.
The group’s core divisions include Automotive and Logistics and Equipment. The Barloworld Automotive and Barloworld Logistics sector deal with motor retail; used vehicles; fleet management services; integrated car rental; disposal solutions; supply chain optimisation and logistics management. The Barloworld Equipment sector deals with power systems and earthmoving.
The Barloworld group represent various well-known vehicle brands including the likes of Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Jaguar, Volkswagen, Alfa Romeo, Ford, Toyota, Mazda, CAT and Avis.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & COVERAGE VALUE
The Barloworld Education Trust initiated the bursary scheme to help students fund their tertiary studies, in fields related to the core business of Barloworld – Engineering, IT and Sales/ Marketing.
Bursaries are awarded within the following fields of study:
- IT/ Computer Sciences (BSc)
- Industrial Engineering (BEng/ BSc)
- Mechanical Engineering (BEng/ BSc)
- Mining Engineering (BEng/ BSc)
The bursary award will cover the following expenses: registration fees, examination fees, tuition, prescribed textbooks. Accommodation costs may also be covered in certain circumstances.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Black student (Coloured, Indian, Chinese or African)
- Completed Matric
- Studying full-time within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Studying at a recognised University or the University of Technology in South Africa
- Passed all your mid-year exams (in the current year of study)
- From a previously disadvantaged background
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Students who meet the above minimum eligibility requirements can apply by submitting clear copies of the following supporting documentation (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full academic record/ transcript (on tertiary institution letterhead)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivational letter explaining why you deserve to be awarded a bursary
Applications must be submitted to:
The Barloworld Education Trust
PO Box 782248
31 July annually.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Barloworld Education Trust directly:
Tel: 011 445 1155 / 1600
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com