Foskor Bursary South Africa 2020 – 2021
ABOUT THE COMPANY – FOSKOR
Foskor was founded in 1951 by the Industrial Development Corporation. The company was founded with the aim of producing phosphates for the agricultural sector in South Africa. Today, Foskor is the countries sole producer of phosphoric acid, phosphate ore and granular fertiliser.
Phosphate rock mining, phosphate-based fertilisers production and phosphoric acid production are the Group’s primary activities. Mining is done in Phalaborwa, Limpopo and processing takes place at the Richards Bay, KwaZulu-Natal facility.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Foskor bursary scheme was initiated to help talented and deserving Engineering students to further their studies. The amount of bursaries awarded each year depends on the operational needs of Foskor.
Bursaries will be awarded within the following fields of study:
- Chemical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronic Engineering
- Instrumentation Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Environmental Science
MORE ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE & SERVICE CONTRACT
The bursary will cover the following study expenses: registration fees, tuition fees and prescribed materials.
Bursary recipients will be required to work for Foskor during university holidays, they will also be required to work back the bursary upon graduation.
If you have not received feedback by 28 February, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Currently in Matric/ completed Matric
- Obtained a minimum average of 60% for Science and Mathematics (Higher Grade) in Matric
- Currently studying or intend on studying full-time in one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Currently studying or intend on studying at a university within South Africa
- Able to work under pressure
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Students who meet the above eligibility requirements and would like to apply, must do so by submitting clear copies of the following supporting documentation (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Shortened Curriculum Vitae (max 1 page including contact details)
- Proof of registration at a Tertiary Institution
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
1) Via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2) Fax: 035 902 3321 or 015 789 2364
Please quote the reference number “FOSB2018”
8 January 2018.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Foskor directly:
Contact Person: Wim Fourie (Bursaries and Internships)
Tel: 035 902 3133