South 32 Bursary South Africa 2019 – 2020
ABOUT THE COMPANY – SOUTH 32
South32, founded in 2015, is a global mining and metals company who mine and produce materials such as silver; nickel; zinc; manganese; bauxite; aluminium; alumina; lead; metallurgical coal; thermal coal and coking coal. The company operates across South Africa, Mozambique, Australia and Colombia, and is headquartered in Perth, Australia.
The commodities mined and produced by South32 are found in almost every aspect of our lives – from skyscrapers, roads, bridges and hospitals, to fueling our cars, packaging our foods and powering our homes.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Mine Survey
Students will be offered vacation work opportunities during the December/ January holidays, for 6 weeks.
Once students have graduated, they will be able to enter the Graduate Development Program and must take up employment at South 32 to “repay” the bursary.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric OR currently in Matric
- Studying or intend on studying within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Studying or intend on studying full time at a recognised University or University of Technology in South Africa
- Engineering and Geology degree students: must have achieved a minimum of level 6 for Mathematics and Science in Matric
- Proven financial need
- *Preference will be given to learners who reside in areas surrounding the mine operation
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
You may apply in one of the following ways:
1) Online at: http://cw.gradx.net/
(You will need to register an account and then login to complete your application. The promo code to be used is: F2018)
2) By downloading and completing the South 32 Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
You will be required to submit copies of the following supporting documentation – if you are applying online: these documents must be uploaded to your online profile, if you are applying with the application form: you must attach copies of the documents and not originals (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Photograph (passport size)
- Grade 11 final results (current Matric students)
- Matric certificate (if completed Matric)
- Proof of admission into a tertiary institution
- Full academic record to date (current tertiary students)
If you are applying via the hard copy application form, your application must be submitted in one of the following ways:
1) Email: email@example.com
2) Fax: 086 609 7183
Career Wise (Pty) Ltd
PO Box 30632
None – submission of applications are open all year round and students are welcome to apply at any time.
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Career Wise directly:
Tel: 086 100 8777 / 086 100 7787
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com