Anglo American Platinum Bursary South Africa 2021 – 2022
ABOUT THE COMPANY – ANGLO AMERICAN PLATINUM
Anglo American Platinum Limited, founded in 1995, is the biggest primary producer of platinum across the globe, producing almost 40% of the supply each year. The South African based company operates mainly in Johannesburg, with most of its operations occurring within the Bushveld Igneous Complex where a range of mineral commodities is found.
The company produces 3 ranges of products, namely precious metals (ie. gold), base metals (ie. chrome; copper; cobalt sulphate; sodium sulphate and nickel), and Platinum Group Metals (ie. platinum; rhodium; palladium; ruthenium; iridium and osmium).
ABOUT THE ANGLO AMERICAN PLATINUM BURSARY/ SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Anglo American Platinum is inviting students to apply for 2 types of bursary awards for the 2022 academic year:
2) Anglo American Platinum Engineering Bursary: for students pursuing studies in Rock Engineering, Metallurgy, UG Engineering or Ventilation.
Anglo American Platinum’s bursary and scholarship programmes aim to assist students with an entry point into the company, the job market and the mining industry.
MORE ABOUT THE ANGLO AMERICAN PLATINUM BURSARY/ SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE, SERVICE CONTRACT & SELECTION PROCESS
The following expenses will be covered by the bursary programme: registration fees, tuition fees, textbooks, a computer allowance and medical cover.
Once students have graduated, they must take up permanent employment at Anglo American. The service period will be equal to the duration of bursary funding received.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ANGLO AMERICAN PLATINUM BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be currently in Matric OR you must have completed Matric
- You must be studying OR have been provisionally accepted to study at a tertiary institution for the 2022 academic year
- You must pass all subjects at the tertiary level if currently studying
- You must reside within a radius of 50km from one of the Anglo American Platinum’s operations: Mogalakwena mine in Mokopane, Limpopo; Dishaba mine in Thabazimbi, Limpopo; Tumela mine in Thabazimbi, Limpopo or Mototolo mine in Burgersfort, Limpopo
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have completed Matric
- You must have achieved a minimum result of 60% for Mathematics in Matric
- You must have achieved a minimum result of 60% for Physical Science in Matric
- You must have achieved a minimum result of 60% for English in Matric
- You must be studying towards one of the aforementioned Engineering qualifications
- You must complete your 3rd year of study in 2021
- You must have passed all modules
- You must be studying at a recognised and accredited University or the University of Technology in South Africa
- You must pass the medical fitness exams
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE ANGLO AMERICAN PLATINUM BURSARY/ SCHOLARSHIP
Applications must be done online at Anglo American Platinum Scholarship Application: ALL fields of study
(Reference number: REF9593G)
Applications must be done online at Anglo American Platinum Bursary Application: Rock Engineering
(Reference number: REF9419W)
Applications must be done online at Anglo American Platinum Bursary Application: Metallurgy Engineering
(Reference number: REF9415I)
Applications must be done online at Anglo American Platinum Bursary Application: Engineering UG
(Reference number: REF9414I)
Applications must be done online at Anglo American Platinum Bursary Application: Ventilation Engineering
(Reference number: REF9668C)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Grade 11 final results, if currently in Matric (with the school stamp)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Proof of provisional acceptance at a tertiary institution, if currently in Matric (on tertiary institutions letterhead)
- Most recent academic transcripts and last year’s results (certified copies)
- Full Curriculum Vitae
- Proof of residence within 50km from one of the Anglo American Platinum’s operations (if applying for the scholarship award)
CLOSING DATE FOR THE ANGLO AMERICAN PLATINUM BURSARY/ SCHOLARSHIP
21 May 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Anglo American Platinum directly:
Head office – Tel: 011 373 6111
Contact page: https://www.angloamerican.com/site-services/contact-us
Please read the Career FAQ’s before submitting a query: https://www.angloamerican.com/careers/faqs