Samancor Chrome Bursary South Africa 2021 – 2022
ABOUT THE COMPANY – SAMANCOR CHROME
Samancor Chrome Bursary South Africa | Samancor Chrome was established in 1975, when a a merger occurred between 2 companies, namely SA Manganese Ltd and Amcor Ltd. Prior to the merger, SA Manganese mined manganese; while Amcor exploited mineral deposits and processed the minerals into ferroalloys for the steel industry. The company is the second biggest global producer of ferrochrome, producing approximately 1 million metric tons of charge chrome each year.
The company is currently under the ownership of Samancor Chrome Holdings Proprietary Limited, was previously owned by shareholders BHP Billiton and Anglo American, who owned 60% and 40% respectively.
Samancor Chrome’s operations consists of mining and smelting of chrome ore. The mining takes place in the western and eastern parts of the Bushveld Igneous Complex and operates 5 smelting operations.
ABOUT THE SAMANCOR CHROME BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Samancor Chrome is inviting students to apply for bursary funding, for the 2022 academic year, at its Western Chrome Mines and Eastern Chrome Mines.
Bursaries will be awarded to current and future students, for studies within the following fields:
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgy Engineering
- Mining Survey
- Mining Engineering
MORE ABOUT THE SAMANCOR CHROME BURSARY PROGRAMME – SELECTION
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by no later than 30 November 2021 – if you do not receive any feedback by this date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SAMANCOR CHROME BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must have completed Matric OR you must be currently in Matric
- You must be studying OR have been provisionally accepted to study within one of the fields listed above (1st, 2nd, 3rd or final year of study)
- You must be studying OR have been provisionally accepted to study at a recognised University in South Africa
- You must have a strong academic record
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE SAMANCOR CHROME BURSARY
Applications must be done online at: Samancor Chrome Bursary Applications 2022
Or candidates can apply here for a specific bursary opportunity:
Samancor Chrome Bursary Application: Electrical Engineering
(Reference number: SCRBURSARS)
Samancor Chrome Bursary Application: Geology
(Reference number: SCRGEOBURSAR)
Samancor Chrome Bursary Application: Mechanical Engineering
(Reference number: SCRBURSAR)
Samancor Chrome Bursary Application: Metallurgy Engineering
(Reference number: SCR/METBURSAR)
Samancor Chrome Bursary Application: Mining Survey
(Reference number: SCRMININGSURV)
Samancor Chrome Bursary Application: Mining Engineering
(Reference number: SCR/MINING.ENG)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Grade 10 results (certified copy)
- Grade 11 results (certified copy)
- Matric latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Full tertiary academic record, if at tertiary level (on institutions letterhead)
- Proof of provisional university acceptance, if applicable
- Curriculum Vitae (must include the following details: Personal information, School or University contact details, Extracurricular Activities at School or University within the last 4 years, Special Achievements at School and/or University within the last 4 years)
- Motivational letter explaining why chose your field of study and career path (maximum 100 words)
CLOSING DATE FOR THE SAMANCOR CHROME BURSARY
15 October 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Samancor Chrome directly:
Khuphuka Training and Development Centre
Fax: 086 267 3437
Or contact the Samancor Chrome Head Office
Tel: 011 245 1000
Fax: 11 245 1200
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.