Sappi Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – SAPPI
Sappi Bursary South Africa | Sappi Limited (previously known as South African Pulp and Paper Industries Limited), founded in 1936, is a globally diversified pulp, paper and wood fibre company, which produces and sells the following: paper products; dissolving wood pulp; timber products; forest products and chemical cellulose.
The company is headquartered in Johannesburg, South Africa, and has global operations in over 20 countries, including the following countries: South Africa; Kenya; Australia; United Kingdom; United States of America; Germany; Austria; France; Spain; Netherlands; Italy; Switzerland; Belgium; Finland; Hungary; Poland; Russia; Turkey; Ukraine; Argentina; Colombia; Brazil; Mexico; Singapore; Hong Kong and China.
Sappi currently employs over 12 000 staff members across its global branches.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED, COVERAGE VALUE | SELECTION PROCESS
Sappi is inviting students to apply for their bursary programme, for the 2023 academic year..
Bursaries will be awarded for undergraduate studies, towards the following qualifications:
- Chemical Engineering (BEng or BSc)
- Civil Engineering (BEng or BSc)
- Electrical Engineering (BEng or BSc)
- Forestry and Wood Science (BSc)
- Industrial Engineering (BEng or BSc)
- Mechanical Engineering (BEng or BSc)
- Mechatronics Engineering (BEng or BSc)
MORE ABOUT THE SAPPI BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE | SELECTION PROCESS
The bursary will provide coverage of the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees, prescribed textbooks, accommodation and a living allowance. The total bursary value will be dependent on the student’s household income.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited to attend an interview and psychometric assessments. If you do not receive any feedback within 2 weeks of the application deadline, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Sappi is an equal opportunity employer, therefore all applications will be considered, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the Sappi Bursary.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SAPPI BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be between the ages of 17 and 25 years old
- You must be currently in Matric OR have completed Matric
- You must be studying OR intend on studying full time, towards one of the qualifications listed above, in 2022
- You must be studying OR intend on studying at a recognised and accredited university in South Africa
- You must have achieved a minimum result of 70% for Mathematics (NOT Mathematical Literacy) in Matric
- You must have achieved a minimum result of 70% for Physical Science in Matric
- You must have achieved a minimum result of 60% for English in Matric
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 70% for current undergraduate studies (if currently studying)
- Preference will be given to students who reside in areas close to Sappi’s main business operations
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE SAPPI BURSARY
Applications must be submitted online at; Sappi Bursary Application 2022
(Reference number: 43246)
Applicants must first Create an Account before they can Login and apply.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric’s latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Any other relevant academic qualification certificates (certified copies)
- Full tertiary academic record to date, if currently at tertiary level (certified copy)
- Proof of tertiary registration or provisional registration (on university letterhead)
- Updated Curriculum Vitae
- Proof of household income or affidavit stating total household income
- Vaccination card
CLOSING DATE FOR THE SAPPI BURSARY
30 September 2022.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE SAPPI BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Sappi directly:
Tel: 011 407 8111
Contact page: https://www.sappi.com/contact-us
COMPUTER SCIENCE | IT BURSARIES
CONSTRUCTION | BUILT ENVIRONMENT BURSARIES
UNIVERSITIES IN SOUTH AFRICA | UNIVERSITY-SPECIFIC BURSARIES
CLICK HERE FOR THE LATEST BURSARY APPLICATION FORMS
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.
What do I need to apply for the NSFAS bursary?
Click Here for All Bursaries and Nsfas Details
How To Reset Your NSFAS Username?
What Does The NSFAS Bursary Cover?
Do You Receive An Email Or SMS If You Have Been Funded By NSFAS?
How To Appeal A NSFAS Rejection?
What You Will Need To Receive Your NSFAS Allowances Via NSFAS Wallet?
NSFAS CLOSING SOON: How to Apply Online
NSFAS Online Bursary Applications 2023 – 2024
How Do You Check If NSFAS Has Funded You?
NSFAS Approves 300 000 Funding Applications
NSFAS Bursaries – Your Questions Answered
Click Here Details On NSFAS, National Student Financial Aid Scheme
See Also: Bursaries Open All Year Round
See Also: South African Bursaries January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December