Sappi Bursary South Africa 2021 – 2022
ABOUT THE COMPANY – SAPPI
Sappi Limited (previously known as South African Pulp and Paper Industries Limited), founded in 1936, is a globally diversified pulp, paper and wood fibre company, which produces and sells the following: paper products; dissolving wood pulp; timber products; forest products and chemical cellulose.
The company is headquartered in Johannesburg, South Africa, and has global operations in over 20 countries, including the following countries: South African; Kenya; Australia; United Kingdom; United States of America; Germany; Austria; France; Spain; Netherlands; Italy; Switzerland; Belgium; Finland; Hungary; Poland; Russia; Turkey; Ukraine; Argentina; Colombia; Brazil; Mexico; Singapore; Hong Kong and China.
Sappi currently employs over 12 000 staff members across its global branches.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED, COVERAGE VALUE & SELECTION PROCESS
The Sappi bursary is aimed at talented, innovative students.
The bursary programme is intended for current Undergraduate students or Matric students who intend on studying or are currently studying within the following fields:
- Chemical Engineering (B.Eng/ B.Sc)
- Electrical Engineering (B.Eng/ B.Sc)
- Mechanical Engineering (B.Eng/ B.Sc)
- Mechatronics Engineering (B.Eng/ B.Sc)
- Industrial Engineering (B.Eng/ B.Sc)
- Civil Engineering (B.Eng/ B.Sc)
- Forestry and Wood Science (B.Sc)
- Pulp and Paper (National Diploma)
The bursary will provide coverage of the following expenses: registration fees, tuition, prescribed textbooks, accommodation and a living allowance. The bursary value will be dependent on the students household income.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited to attend an interview and psychometric assessments. If you do not receive any feedback within 14 days of the application deadline, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- Must be a South African citizen
- Must be between the ages of 18 and 25 years old
- Must be currently in Matric OR have completed Matric
- Must be studying OR intend on studying full time, within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Must be studying OR intend on studying at an accredited university in South Africa
- Matric students: must have achieved a minimum result of 70% for Mathematics (NOT Mathematical Literacy)
- Matric students: must have achieved a minimum result of 70% for Physical Science
- Matric students: must have achieved a minimum result of 60% for English
- University students: must have achieved a minimum overall average of 70%
- Preference will be given to students who reside in areas close to Sappi’s main business operations
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Applications must be done online at Sappi Bursary Application
(Reference number: 35497)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- South African ID document (certified copy)
- Matric latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Any other relevant academic qualification certificates (certified copies)
- Full tertiary academic record to date, if currently at tertiary level (certified copy)
- Proof of tertiary registration/ provisional registration (on university letterhead)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Proof of household income/ affidavit stating total household income
30 September 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Sappi directly:
Contact Person: Lebo Shabangu (Human Resources)
Tel: 011 407 8111