Tiger Brands Thusani Trust Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE BURSAR
Tiger Brands Thusani Trust Bursary South Africa Tiger Brands Limited was founded by Jacob Frankel (and partly Joffe Marks) in 1921. Tiger Brands is the biggest food company in South Africa and also has interest in food companies throughout Nigeria, Zimbabwe, Kenya, Cameroon and Chile.
The Tiger Brands Thusani Trust was established in 2005 to help their staff further their studies, by way of tertiary funding.
ABOUT THE TIGER BRANDS BURSARY – FIELDS COVERED
Tiger Brands is inviting students to apply for their graduate bursary programme, for the 2023 academic year.. Bursaries will be awarded to students pursuing studies within the following fields:
- Chemical Engineering (BEng or BSc)
- Electrical Engineering (BEng or BSc)
- Electronic Engineering (BEng or BSc)
- Industrial Engineering (BEng or BSc)
- Mechanical Engineering (BEng or BSc)
- Marketing (BCom)
MORE ABOUT THE TIGER BRANDS BURSARY – COVERAGE VALUE
The comprehensive bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: full tuition fees, registration fees, exam fees, prescribed books as well as a monthly allowance.
Successful candidates will be informed of the payment process and requirements that must be met.
Tiger Brands will conduct interviews for due diligence purposes.
There is a limited amount of bursaries to be awarded, and meeting the minimum criteria does not automatically mean you will receive funding.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE TIGER BRANDS BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be South African citizen
- You must have completed Matric
- You must currently be in your 1st year of study
- You must be entering your 2nd year of study in 2022 (the year which you are applying for funding for)
- You must be enrolled and studying at a recognised tertiary institution (for at least 6 months at the time of application)
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average result of 65% in Matric
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average result of 65% in semester 1 of tertiary studies
- You must have a strong academic record
- You must have proven financial need
- You must show strong academic potential in pure Mathematics, Science and Accounting
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE TIGER BRANDS BURSARY
Students who meet all of the above eligibility criteria, can apply by submitting clear copies of the following supporting documentation (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Academic transcripts/ record for 1st semester in 1st year of study (certified copy)
- Parents or guardians proof of income (latest payslips if employed, affidavit if unemployed, proof of pension or grant if applicable) (certified copies)
Note: there is no application form to be completed for this bursary application – students need only submit the above documents to apply.
Applications must be submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Insert the words “Tiger Brands Graduate Bursary Application” in the email subject line).
CLOSING DATE FOR THE TIGER BRANDS BURSARY
22 October 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Tiger Brands directly:
Tel: 011 840 4000
Contact page: https://www.tigerbrands.com/contact-us
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.