Polokwane Municipality Bursary South Africa 2022 – 2023
ABOUT THE COMPANY – POLOKWANE MUNICIPALITY
Polokwane Municipality Bursary South Africa 2022 – 2023; The Polokwane Municipality, situated within the Capricorn District in Limpopo, is the economic hub of the province. Previously known as Pietersburg, Polokwane means “place of safety” in Northern Sotho.
The Polokwane Local Municipality is home to over 500 000 residents, of which most residents are in rural areas.
ABOUT THE POLOKWANE MUNICIPALITY BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Polokwane Municipality is inviting students residing within the Polokwane Municipal area, to apply for their bursary programme, for the 2022 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded for ALL fields of study, towards a first Degree or National Diploma qualification.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POLOKWANE MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must permanently reside within the Polokwane Municipality
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying full-time, towards your first Degree or National Diploma qualification, in 2022
- You must be studying or intend on studying at a public University, University of Technology or TVET College in South Africa
- You must NOT be in receipt of any other bursary funding
- You must be from a disadvantaged background
- Students with disabilities who meet all the requirements are encouraged to apply
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE POLOKWANE MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
Download and complete the Polokwane Municipality Bursary Application Form 2022 (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed bursary application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full academic record, including most recent results, if currently studying at tertiary level (certified copy)
- Proof of acceptance/ provisional admission at a tertiary institution (on institutions letterhead)
- Parents or guardians ID documents (certified copies)
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (latest payslips or letter from employer if employed, affidavit if unemployed, latest financial statements if self-employed, certified death certificates if deceased)
- Proof of residence: Municipal water utility bill, Bank Statement or confirmation letter from authorized traditional leaders
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
– Hand delivery:
Cnr Landros Mare and Bodenstein Street
(9th Floor Office 908/ Ground Floor)
P O Box 111
CLOSING DATE FOR THE POLOKWANE MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
31 January 2022.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Polokwane Municipality directly:
Tel: 015 290 2504 / 015 290 2029
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.