South African Table Grape Industry (SATI) Bursary South Africa 2020 – 2021
ABOUT THE COMPANY – SATI
The South African Table Grape Industry (SATI), founded in 2004, is the association for the table grape industry and only representative of producers and producer-exporters. SATI aims to maintain South Africa’s position as the top choice for global retailers.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & COVERAGE VALUE
SATI will be awarding bursaries for Undergraduate and Postgraduate studies (for Tertiary Education (TE) and Further Education and Training (FET)). Bursaries will be awarded in fields of study which are relevant to the table grape industry, including but not limited to the following fields:
- Agricultural Economy
- Horticultural Science
- Plant Pathology
- Soil Science
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: tuition fees, study materials, accommodation, food and living expenses (capped at R2,400 per month), as well as any other expenses which students can motivate. The bursary will either cover a portion of the fees or will cover all fees – this will be determined on a case by case basis.
MORE ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – RENEWABILITY, SERVICE CONTRACT & SELECTION
Bursaries are awarded for 1 year at a time and students must reapply for funding each year, which will be granted based on satisfactory academic performance.
Bursary recipients will be required to work for SATI (or an entity related to the SA Table Grape Industry), for a duration equivalent to the funding received.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted – should you not receive any feedback by 31 January 2021, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Further Education and Training (FET) bursary: must have completed grade 8 or equivalent under the South African Qualification Authority
- Tertiary Education (TE) bursary: must have completed Matric or equivalent under the South African Qualification Authority
- Black student (especially land reform beneficiaries and their children)
- Highly interested in pursuing a career within the table grape industry (or supporting industries)
- Studying within a field of study relevant to the table grape industry (including but not limited to the aforementioned fields)
- Studying towards an Undergraduate or Postgraduate qualification
- Studying part-time or full-time studies
- Strong academic record
- *Preference will be given to previously disadvantaged students and those in financial need
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Applications must be done online at; https://www.satgi.co.za/bursary-form/
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Tertiary Education (TE) bursary: Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Further Education and Training (FET) bursary: grade 8 certificate (certified copy)
- Full academic record, if currently studying (on tertiary letterhead)
- Proof of tertiary acceptance/ registration (on tertiary letterhead)
- Signed and completed SATI Bursary Declaration (.pdf)
31 August 2020.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact SATI directly:
Tel: 021 863 0366
Fax: 021 863 3039