ANFASA Bursary Grant Scheme South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – ANFASA
ANFASA (Academic Non-Fiction Authors’ Association of South Africa) was launched in 2004 to provide a voice for the concerns and interests of academic and non-fiction authors. The organisations’ slogan is “dedicated to empowering authors” and their main aim is to uplift South African academic and non-fiction authors by drawing attention to their works and ensuring the protection of their rights across the book value chain.
ABOUT THE BURSARY GRANT SCHEME
The ANFASA Grant Scheme for Authors (AGSA) is a grant for student authors who are currently researching or writing pieces. The grant value is approximately R30,000 and must be used for research and writing purposes – including for the author to travel for research purposes/ or take leave from employment to work on their manuscript/ equipment to conduct interviews.
Successful candidates will be announced within December – should you not receive any feedback by then, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- The author currently working on a non-fiction piece (general or scholarly – excluding novels, poetry and drama)
- New authors are welcome to apply – applications are open to books written in any of the official languages
- ANFASA member (if you are not a member, you can join by visiting http://www.anfasa.org.za/membership/ and submitting the membership form with your application form)
- Young authors at the start of their careers are encouraged to apply
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Applications must be done in one of the following ways:
1) Online at: https://www.anfasa.org.za/anfasa-grant-scheme-for-authors-agsa-application-form-for-a-grant/
2) Download and complete the ANFASA Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Email your completed application form and the below-supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
(Insert the words “AGSA ANFASA Grant Scheme – Your Full Name” in the email subject line).
In your application, you will be required to provide the following information:
- Personal information (full name, date of birth, gender, physical address, contact details, employment details, information about your ANFASA membership)
- Details of your writing project (book title, the outline of your book, sample of your writing, your motivation, target audience, similar books, details of any work you have published)
- Funding details (a type of funding you require, details of any other sponsorship, motivation for your application)
31 July 2020.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact ANFASA directly:
Tel: 011 712 8008