Agar-Hamilton Trust Bursary South Africa 2020 – 2021
ABOUT THE COMPANY – AGAR-HAMILTON TRUST
The Agar-Hamilton Trust was established in terms of the Will of the late John Augustus Ion Agar-Hamilton. The aim of the trust is to award bursaries to assist academically-deserving students in need, in order that they may afford to pursue their studies at school, college, university or another educational institution within South Africa.
Mr Agar-Hamilton, who passed away in 1984, was an Anglican priest and South African historian.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME
The Agar-Hamilton Trust offers a bursary award each year to male students who are under 25 years old, are English-speaking with a predominantly British descent and are members of the church belonging to the Anglican Communion. Students who are in school, college or university may apply if they have a strong academic record and are unable to afford their studies.
Bursaries are awarded for 1 year at a time and are renewable annually based on satisfactory academic performance.
The value of the bursary will be decided by the Trustees, on a case by case basis.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Under 25 years old on 1 January 2021
- Have a predominantly British descent
- Recognised member and an active communicant of a church belonging to the Anglican Communion
- Currently in Matric OR have completed Matric
- Studying OR intend on studying at a University, College or other educational institution
- Strong academic record
- Proven financial need
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARIES
Download and complete the Agar-Hamilton Trust Bursary Application Form (.doc)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Proof of British descent (birth certificates, passports etc)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- A Latest academic report, if currently at tertiary level (certified copy)
- Testimonials from referees (see clause 7 of the application form for more information)
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
1) Email: RBA@Nedbank.co.za
The Agar-Hamilton Trust
PO Box 86
New applications: 31 August 2020.
Renewed applications: 31 December 2020.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Agar-Hamilton Trust directly: