Mediclinic Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – MEDICLINIC
Mediclinic International plc is a private hospital group that operates throughout South Africa, as well as Namibia, the United Arab Emirates and Switzerland. The now international group was founded in 1983 in Stellenbosch, South Africa.
The Group is headquartered in Stellenbosch, South Africa and is listed on both the JSE (Johannesburg Stock Exchange) and the LSE (London Stock Exchange).
ABOUT THE MEDICLINIC BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Mediclinic Southern Africa is inviting students who wish to complete their studies towards a course that is accredited by the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA). Bursaries will be awarded for studies within these fields:
- Dental Assisting, Dental Therapy and Oral Hygiene
- Dietetics and Nutrition
- Emergency Care
- Environmental Health
- Medical and Dental
- Medical Technology
- Occupational Therapy, Medical Orthotics, Prosthetics and Arts Therapy
- Optometry and Dispensing Opticians
- Physiotherapy, Podiatry And Biokinetics
- Radiography and Clinical Technology
- Speech, Language and Hearing
ABOUT THE MEDICLINIC BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE | SELECTION
The bursary value will be determined by the needs of the bursary recipient. The bursary award payment will be made to the hosting university directly. Bursary recipients must submit their academic progress reports/ transcripts every year.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited to attend an interview. Selection will be made by and at the sole discretion of Mediclinic’s selection committee.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE MEDICLINIC BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen OR a South African permanent resident
- You must be registered with the HPCSA (Health Professions Council of South Africa)
- You must have been offered a numbered training post, within a training institution that is recognised for specialist or sub-specialist training
- You must comply with all the requirements for the specialist or sub-specialist qualification
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE MEDICLINIC BURSARY
Applications must be submitted online here: Mediclinic Bursary Application 2021
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- Full detailed Curriculum vitae
- Official letter of request as motivation for your application
- Proof of HPCSA registration
- Letter of support from your University (must cover the following topics: whether it is an unfunded or self-funded post, whether a training number is available for the specified post, whether you as the applicant qualify for the post, whether you are the applicant recommended for the proposed course)
CLOSING DATE FOR THE MEDICLINIC BURSARY
15 September 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE MEDICLINIC BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Mediclinic directly:
Tel: 0800 027 547 (option 1)
Or submit your query via the Mediclinic contact form