Momentum Metropolitan Holdings Bursary South Africa 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – METROPOLITAN/ MMI HOLDINGS
Momentum Metropolitan Holdings Bursary South Africa | Momentum Metropolitan Holdings, previously known as MMI Holdings Limited (MMI), is a financial services group based in South Africa. The JSE (Johannesburg Stock Exchange)-listed and Namibian Stock Exchange (NSX)-listed company group has subsidiary companies in 14 countries, including Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Swaziland, Mauritius, Nigeria, Lesotho, Ghana, Kenya, Guernsey, Gibraltar and the UK.
Momentum Metropolitan Holdings provides its clients with a range of services including short-term insurance, long-term insurance, investments, savings, asset management and employee benefits. The group’s brands include Momentum, Metropolitan, Multiply and Guardrisk.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED | COVERAGE VALUE
Momentum Metropolitan is inviting students to apply for their bursary programme, for the 2024 academic year.
The Momentum Metropolitan Actuarial Science Youth Bursary, will be awarded for studies within the following fields:
- BBus Science Actuarial Science
- BCom Actuarial Science
- BSc Actuarial Science
- BSc Actuarial and Financial Mathematics
Through the bursary programme, Momentum Metropolitan hopes to allow for bright young students to focus on their studies, without having to worry about the financial burden of university learning.
ABOUT THE MOMENTUM METROPOLITAN BURSARY PROGRAMME – EXPENSES COVERED, OTHER BENEFITS & OBLIGATIONS
The bursary will cover the following expenses: annual registration fees, tuition fees, meals, accommodation, allowance for prescribed textbooks, travel allowance, pocket allowance.
Students will also receive mentor support, academic and social support, as well as the opportunity to partake in vacation work.
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the Momentum Metropolitan Bursary.
Bursary recipients will be required to fulfil the following obligations:
- Complete your qualification in the time allocated by the University, in line with timelines of the bursary
- Pass all subjects/ modules registered for
- Meet the course entry criteria for the next academic year of the Actuarial degree
- Submit copies of academic results/ records to Momentum Metropolitan, in July and December each year
- Submit copies of invoices for tuition, accommodation, meals, and any other Bursary related expenses, to Momentum Metropolitan
- Graduate with at least 4 Exemptions by the end of the Actuarial degree
- Make a positive contribution to the Actuarial Profession and to join Momentum Metropolitan upon graduation
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE MOMENTUM METROPOLITAN BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying full-time, towards one of the Actuarial Science qualifications listed above
- You must have completed your 1st year of study
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 70%
- You must be studying at a recognised and accredited tertiary institution in South Africa
- You must NOT be receiving any other bursary funding for the 2024 academic year
- You must have a passion for numbers
- You must be enthusiastic and passionate about the actuarial profession
- You must have good communication skills (written and verbal)
- You must have strong problem-solving ability
- You must be organised, self-disciplined and self-motivated
- You must have a strong sense of integrity and honesty
- You must be deadline and results oriented
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE MOMENTUM METROPOLITAN BURSARY
Applications must be submitted online at:
Momentum Metropolitan Bursary Application 2024
(Reference Number: MMH230619-5)
Enter “Zabusaries.com” in the field asking how you heard about the Momentum Metropolitan Bursary.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Full academic record (certified copy)
- Motivational letter (read our tips on how to write a motivational letter for your bursary application)
- Curriculum Vitae
CLOSING DATE FOR THE MOMENTUM METROPOLITAN BURSARY
17 September 2023.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Momentum Metropolitan directly:
Contact Person: Farieda Khalfey
Please do NOT contact Canon Collins if this scholarship has already closed. View our other bursaries open for application here
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.