Gallagher Foundation Scholarship South Africa 2022 – 2023
ABOUT THE COMPANY – GALLAGHER FOUNDATION
Gallagher Foundation Scholarship South Africa 2022 – 2023 | The Gallagher Foundation was founded in 2001 by Ellen and Jerry Gallagher to provide scholarships to university students in 3 countries, namely South Africa; Mexico and Turkey. The first scholarships awarded by the foundation were in 2002 in South Africa, followed by Mexico in 2004 and Turkey in 2005.
The purpose of the scholarship is to assist young leaders with their studies, who they believe will positively impact their developing country by bringing peace and prosperity.
Students are funded to study at the University of Cape Town in South Africa, at ITESM Monterrey Campus in Mexico and Bogazici University in Turkey.
ABOUT THE GALLAGHER FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Gallagher Foundation is inviting students to apply for their scholarship programme, for the 2023 academic year. Scholarships will be awarded for studies at the University of Cape Town (UCT), in these fields:
- Political Science
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the Gallagher Foundation Scholarship.
ABOUT THE GALLAGHER FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME – EXPENSES COVERED
The full scholarship will provide cover for the following expenses: tuition fees, books, study supplies, accommodation, meals, transport and a living allowance.
The Gallagher Foundation generally awards 5 scholarships each year.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE GALLAGHER FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your bursary application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have a strong academic record
- You must intend on studying within one of the fields listed above
- You must be entering your 1st year of study in 2023
- You must have applied to study at the University of Cape Town and received a conditional acceptance
- You must have achieved high results in all competency areas of the National Benchmark Test
- You must come from a financially disadvantaged background and have proof of financial need
- You must have a high level of ethical values (including; commitment to making a difference in the country, as opposed to violence, and strong leadership potential)
- You must demonstrate strong leadership potential (in any of the following leadership activities: extracurricular activities, awards received, service work, special projects)
- You must be willing to live and work in South Africa for the majority of your life
- You must apply for NSFAS funding
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE GALLAGHER FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP
Applications must be submitted online at; Gallagher Foundation Scholarship Application 2022
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- Recent photograph
- High School results (Grade 10, 11 and Matric)
- Proof of Conditional Acceptance to study at UCT
- National Benchmark test scores
- Recommendation letter (from an individual who can speak specifically about your leadership abilities, eg: a teacher, mentor, guidance counsellor, athletic coach or employer – NOT from a family member)
- Parents or guardians’ proof of income (latest payslips/ letter from employer/ pension documents) (income will be confirmed with NSFAS)
- 4 short essays (1. Describing a time in your life when telling the truth was the most difficult option and what you learnt from it 2. One word that would define your hope to improve your country and why 3. What you like to see happen to South Africa in 50 years and how do you will participate 4. Three world leaders you respect, what makes them great leaders and a commonality they share in their leadership)
IMPORTANT DATES REGARDING THE GALLAGHER FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP
- UCT application opens on 1 April 2022.
- Gallagher Foundation application opens on 13 June 2022.
- Gallagher Foundation application closes on 31 August 2022.
- NSFAS applications open (applicants must apply to NSFAS) on 1 September 2022.
- Applicants will be notified of their status in the next phase of the selection process on 10 October 2022.
- Final Gallagher Foundation candidates will be interviewed by Gallagher Foundation Representatives on 22 October 2021.
- Applicants will be notified of final selection on 26 October 2022.
CLOSING DATE FOR THE GALLAGHER FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP
31 August 2022.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE SCHOLARSHIP PROVIDER
For any queries related to this scholarship programme, please contact the Gallagher Foundation directly:
Contact form: https://gallagherfoundation.org/contact
Applicants are encouraged to read the FAQs before making any enquiries: https://gallagherfoundation.org/faq
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.