SAWISE Angus Scholarship South Africa 2019 – 2020
ABOUT THE COMPANY – SAWISE
The Association of South African Women in Science and Engineering (SA WISE) was formed with the aim of strengthening the role of females within the science and engineering faculty in South Africa.
The association aims to pursue the following goals: drawing attention to female scientists and engineers; emphasizing and addressing issues faced by females in the Engineering and Science sectors; campaigning for the advancement of females in Science and Engineering; providing strong role models and leadership for those wanting to enter the Engineering and Science fields (particularly young people).
ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & COVERAGE VALUE
The SA WISE Angus Scholarship is aimed at female 4th year (i.e. Honours or equivalent) students pursuing their studies within the fields of Engineering/ Science. This is a partial scholarship which will be awarded to the value of R15 000 per annum.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted – should you not receive any feedback by 20 December at the latest, consider your application unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- Sub-saharan black female student (preference will be given to South Africans)
- Studying towards a qualification in the Science or Engineering sector
- In the fourth year of study/ Honour student
- Achieved a minimum of 70% in selected subjects
- Scholarship recipients will be required to become a member of SA WISE
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE SCHOLARSHIP
Applications must be done online at: http://www.sawise.uct.ac.za/sawise/scholarships/angus
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation electronically via email to: email@example.com
(Insert the words “SA WISE Angus Scholarship – Your Full Name” in the email subject line). (The submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- Copy of your completed application form
- ID document (certified copy)
- Full academic record/ all official academic transcripts
- Motivational Letter (approx. 350 words, explaining why you wish to study your chosen degree and why you need this scholarship)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of acceptance to study at the University of Cape Town in 2019 (only required from successful applicants)
15 November 2019.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE SCHOLARSHIP PROVIDER
For any queries related to this scholarship programme, please contact SA WISE directly:
The Association of South African Women in Science and Engineering (SA WISE)