SAB (South African Breweries) Bursary 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – SOUTH AFRICAN BREWERIES (SAB)
South African Breweries (otherwise known as “SAB”), founded in 1895, is a major brewing and bottling company in South Africa. The company was originally established as Castle Brewery and was a wholly-owned subsidiary of SABMiller before Anheuser-Busch InBev purchased the companies interests.
SAB, headquartered in Johannesburg, is present in more than 60 countries across 6 continents and is one of the top brewers globally. The company owns 1 hop production plant, 2 malting plants, 7 breweries, 42 depots and has 14 independent distributors.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED | OTHER OPPORTUNITIES
SAB are focused on helping South African students achieve their career goals by funding their studies.
Bursaries are available for students within the following fields of study (BSc degree):
- Supply Chain
Students are selected based on academic performance and recognised talent and are expected to maintain the level of high academic performance and behavioural conduct throughout the bursary duration.
Chosen students are also given the opportunity to gain work experience via vacation work or summer school. On completion of their studies, bursars are given the option to join the SAB workforce as full-time graduate trainees.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric OR currently in Matric
- Have strong leadership skills
- Studying or intend on studying full time within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Studying or intend on studying at a recognised tertiary institution in South Africa
- Current Matric students: must have achieved a minimum average of 75% AND will complete Matric by end of this year
- Current tertiary students: must have achieved a minimum average of 70% for the current year of study
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Applications must be done online at http://www.bestbeerjobs.sv.co.za/en/programmes/bursaries-programmes.php
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy of)
- Matric latest results, if currently in Matric
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric
- Latest tertiary academic record, if currently at tertiary level
27 August 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact SAB directly:
South African Breweries