Passenger Rail Agency of South Africa (PRASA) Bursary 2019 – 2020
ABOUT THE COMPANY – PRASA
The Passenger Rail Agency of South Africa (PRASA) is a Government owned enterprise, responsible for majority of the passenger rail services in SA. PRASA reports to the Minister of Transport and is made up of four branches: Autopax, Intersite, Shosholoza Meyl and Metrorail.
PRASA, founded in the year 1990, provide commuter rail services within South Africa’s Metropolitan areas, as well as bus and rail services within the country. Headquartered in Johannesburg, the company currently employs over 17 000 staff members.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & COVERAGE VALUE
Each year PRASA award bursaries to students who are studying towards a technical course or a qualification in Operations and Engineering.
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: registration fees, tuition, prescribed books, accommodation and meals on campus.
Bursary recipients will be required to enter into a contract with PRASA.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric
- Studying full-time towards a Technical qualification or a qualification in the Operations or Engineering field
- Studying at a recognised tertiary institute within South Africa
- Good academic record
- NOT in receipt of any other bursary awards
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Application forms can be obtained in one of the following ways:
1) From the PRASA Hatfield office (Prasa House, 1040 Burnett Street, Hatfield, Pretoria)
2) Via post (please request an application form by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Latest academic record (on the tertiary institution letterhead) (certified copy)
- Motivational letter stating why you should be awarded the bursary, and how this will make a difference in your community
Applications must be submitted to (posted/ hand delivery):
The Bursary Department
Human Capital Management
1040 Burnett Street
(Please note: NO emailed or faxed applications will be accepted)
30 September 2019.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact PRASA directly:
The Bursary Department
Tel: 012 748 7180/ 012 748 7181/ 012 748 7183
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com