Evraz Highveld Bursary South Africa 2024 – 2025
ABOUT THE COMPANY – EVRAZ HIGHVELD
Evraz Highveld are a steel and vanadium company, who deal in various Engineering disciplines, include: Industrial Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering. They are the second biggest steel maker and sole producer of medium and heavy structural sections within South Africa.
According to their slogan, Evraz Highveld are a leading producer of flat products, structural steel and vanadium slag in the country. Headquartered in eMalahleni, Mpumalanga, the companies integrated steel works are also based in eMalahleni and its iron ore mine is based in Limpopo.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED, COVERAGE VALUE | SERVICE CONTRACT
Evraz Highveld have initiated a bursary award for Engineering or Science students who show strong potential within the field. Students must have good problem-solving skills, have a driven attitude and be able to work well in a team.
Bursaries will be awarded to students in their 3rd or final year of study, studying towards an Engineering or Science degree.
The bursary award will cover the following expenses: tuition, registration, exam fees, accommodation allowance at university hostel, meal allowance, laptop allowance.
On completion of their studies, students will be required to fulfill contractual work at Evraz Highveld for a period equal to that of their bursary award.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen,
- Achieved a minimum level 5 or HG “C” symbol for English in Matric
- Achieved a minimum level 6 or HG “B” symbol for Science in Matric
- Achieved a minimum level 7 or HG “A” symbol for Mathematics in Matric
- Studying full-time towards an Engineering or Science degree qualification
- Studying at a recognised South African tertiary institution
- In the third or final year of study
- Passed all previous tertiary courses for your qualification
- Possess the following qualities: flexibility and adaptability, adherence to the Evraz Highveld values, leadership and networking skills
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download and complete the Evraz Highveld Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full tertiary academic record (certified copy)
- Motivational letter
Applications must be submitted electronically via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Insert the words “Evraz Highveld Bursary Application – Your Full Name” in the email subject line).
14 September annually.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Evraz Highveld directly:
Tel: 013 690 9298