Harmony Bursary South Africa 2020 – 2021
ABOUT THE COMPANY – HARMONY
Harmony was founded in 1950 as a gold mining and exploration organisation in South Africa. Today, Harmony is one of the largest gold mining companies across the globe, with mines operating in both South Africa and Papua New Guinea.
The JSE Limited, Berlin Stock Exchange and New York Stock Exchange listed company employs over 32 000 staff across their South African and Papua New Guinea operations.
Harmony was once lease-bound mining operation, but has since expanded into a world-class producer of gold and currently has 1 open-pit operation, numerous surface sources and 9 underground mines in South Africa, as well as a open-pit silver and gold mine in Papua New Guinea.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME
The Harmony bursary was initiated with the aim of financially assisting students from communities surrounding Harmony’s operations. Bursaries will be awarded to students in various fields of study, depending on Harmony’s future labour requirements.
Once students have completed their studies, they will be required to take up employment at Harmony for an equal period of time as the bursary they were awarded.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted – should you not receive any feedback within 21 days of the application deadline, please regard your application unsuccessful. Interviews will be held at the Harmony office in Randfontein, Gauteng or in Welkom, Free State.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric OR currently in Matric
- Studying OR have been accepted to study full-time at a recognised tertiary institution in South Africa
- NOT currently in receipt of any other bursary funding or sponsorship
- In financial need
- Must have achieved the following minimum academic results:
- 60% (Rating Level 6) for English
- 60% (Rating Level 6) for Mathematics (NOT Mathematical Literacy)
- 60% (Rating Level 6) for Science
- Engineering students must have achieved the following minimum academic results:
- 60% (Rating Level 6) for English
- 70% (Rating Level 6) for Mathematics (NOT Mathematical Literacy)
- 70% (Rating Level 6) for Science
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Applications must be done online at: https://www.harmony.co.za/bursaries
You will be required to Register an account here: https://www.harmony.co.za/register before you can Login and apply
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation in your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Grade 11 final results AND Matric 12 mid-year results, if currently in Matric (certified copies)
- Matric certificate AND full academic transcript, if currently at tertiary level (certified copies)
- Proof of acceptance to study at a tertiary institution
- Testimonial/ employment record of service, if applicable
- Curriculum Vitae
31 August 2019.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Harmony directly:
Contact Person: Evelyn Moalosi (The Bursary Administrator)
Tel: 011 057 910 6621