Pilanesberg Platinum Mines (PPM) Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
What is Bursary
Pilanesberg Platinum Mines PPM Bursary South Africa | A Bursary is A grant, especially one awarded to someone to enable them to study at university or college.
How does it work?
Bursaries vary in amounts and professions and are given to students in order to further their studies. In return for funding your studies, the company may require you to repay them by signing a work contract with them. Another type of bursary is a donor bursary (a bursary awarded to a deserving candidate in a specific field of study or in recognition for his/her work in a specific field of study).
ABOUT THE COMPANY – PPM
Pilanesberg Platinum Mines (PPM) is the wholly-owned operating subsidiary of SPM (Sedibelo Platinum Mines), held via Platmin South Africa (previously Boynton).
ABOUT THE PPM BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Pilanesberg Platinum Mines (PPM) is inviting students from local and labor sending community members, to apply for bursary funding, for the 2023 academic year.. Bursaries will be awarded for studies within the following fields:
- Chemical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Environmental Management
- Financial Management
- Occupational Hygiene
PPM will award 1 bursary for each of the above fields, except for Nursing, where 2 bursaries will be awarded.
MORE ABOUT THE PPM BURSARY PROGRAMME – SELECTION
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted 21 days after the matric results release date – if you do not receive any feedback by this time, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants will be required to attend an interview and undergo a Psychometric test before bursaries can be awarded.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE PPM BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be between the ages of 16 and 24 years old
- You must reside within the Bakgatla-Ba-Kgafela local communities and Moses Kotane Local Municipality
- You must have completed Matric and received University Acceptance
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards a qualification in one of the fields listed above, in 2022
- You must be studying or have been accepted to study at a recognised University in South Africa
- You must have achieved a minimum result of 60% for English in Matric
- You must have achieved a minimum result of 60% for Mathematics in Matric (if your qualification requires Mathematics)
- You must have achieved a minimum result of 60% for Physical Science in Matric (if your qualification requires Physical Science)
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE PPM BURSARY
Candidates can apply by submitting clear copies of the following supporting documentation (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric final results, if NSC certificate is not available (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if available (certified copy)
- Letter of acceptance letter from University (on tertiary letterhead)
- Proof of residence
- Letter of sobriety from high school Principal (on school letterhead)
Note: there is no application form to be completed for this bursary application – students need only submit the list of above documents to apply.
Applications must be submitted in either of the following ways:
– Email to: email@example.com
(Insert the words “PPM Bursary Application 2022” in the email subject line).
– Hand delivery:
Pilanesberg Platinum Mines (PPM)
Community Liaison Officer at the mine access offices
Contact 034 328 7737 for the address.
CLOSING DATE FOR THE PILANESBERG PLATINUM MINES BURSARY
31 January 2023.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Pilanesberg Platinum Mines (PPM) directly:
Tel: 014 555 1800
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.