Pilanesberg Platinum Mines (PPM) Bursary South Africa 2021 – 2022
What is Bursary
A Bursary is A grant, especially one awarded to someone to enable them to study at university or college.
How does it work?
Bursaries vary in amounts and professions and are given to students in order to further their studies. In return for funding your studies, the company may require you to repay them by signing a work contract with them. Another type of bursary is a donor bursary (a bursary awarded to a deserving candidate in a specific field of study or in recognition for his/her work in a specific field of study).
ABOUT THE COMPANY – PPM
Pilanesberg Platinum Mines (PPM) is the wholly-owned operating subsidiary of SPM (Sedibelo Platinum Mines), held via Platmin South Africa (previously Boynton).
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & SELECTION
Pilanesberg Platinum Mines (PPM) will be awarding bursaries for studies within the following fields:
- Electrical Engineering (1 bursary)
- Mechanical Engineering (1 bursary)
- Mining Engineering (1 bursary)
- Occupational Hygiene (1 bursary)
- Environmental Management (2 bursaries)
- Nursing (2 bursaries)
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted – if you do not receive any feedback by the end of March 2021, please regard your application unsuccessful.
Applicants will be required to attend an interview and undergo a Psychometric test before bursaries can be awarded.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Between 16 and 24 years old
- From Bakgatla-Ba-Kgatela local communities and Moses Kotane Local Municipality
- Completed Matric
- Intend on studying within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Achieved a minimum result of 60% for English in Matric
- Achieved a minimum result of 60% for Mathematics in Matric
- Achieved a minimum result of 60% for Physical Science in Matric
- Achieved a minimum overall average of 60%
- For qualifications that do NOT require Mathematics and Physical Science: must have achieved a minimum result of 60% for English
- Achieved University Acceptance
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Students who meet the above minimum eligibility criteria can apply by submitting the list of below-supporting documents.
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
1) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Insert the following reference number in the email subject line: “Ref: 20201204”).
To Pilanesberg Platinum Mines (PPM) mine access offices, to the Community Liaison Officer
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Letter of acceptance letter from University (on tertiary letterhead)
- Proof of residence
- Letter of sobriety from high school Principal (on school letterhead)
31 January 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Sedibelo Platinum Mines Limited directly:
Tel: 012 661 4280
Fax: 012 661 4138