Betting Entertainment Technologies (BET) Bursary South Africa 2021 – 2022
What is Bursary
A Bursary is A grant, especially one awarded to someone to enable them to study at university or college.
How does it work?
Bursaries vary in amounts and professions and are given to students in order to further their studies. In return for funding your studies, the company may require you to repay them by signing a work contract with them. Another type of bursary is a donor bursary (a bursary awarded to a deserving candidate in a specific field of study or in recognition for his/her work in a specific field of study).
ABOUT THE COMPANY – BET
Betting Entertainment Technologies (B.E.T.) was formed in 2010, by a group of highly-skilled software engineers who identified a need for exceptional service, rapid responsiveness and quality products within the fast-paced bookmaking industry.
BET wants to make a meaningful impact within local communities – their extensive CSI programme focuses on empowering individuals and communities, by allowing them to access technology through skills development and the provision of ICT equipment.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Betting Entertainment Technologies (BET) will be awarding R850,000 worth of bursaries, for studies within the following ICT-related fields (degree or diploma):
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Information Systems
- Information Technology and Information Systems
- Software Engineering
- System and Network Administration
MORE ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE, OTHER OPPORTUNITIES & SERVICE CONTRACT
The bursary will cover 1 year of study at a time – students can reapply for funding with BET each year.
Students will also be able to further their skills development and learning, via the BET work in the training programme.
Once students have graduated, they will be required to work for BET – the duration of the service contract will be equal to the duration of funding received.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- Reside within KwaZulu-Natal province
- Studying or intend on studying towards a degree or diploma within one of the aforementioned ICT-related fields fields
- Studying or intend on studying at a registered Higher Learning institution
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Applications must be done online at:
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- Motivational letter explaining why to deserve to be awarded the bursary
- Details about your course, subjects and study programme
- Name and address of your chosen Higher Education institution
- Acceptance letter from your institution (on letterhead)
- Proforma invoice from your institution: must include full registration fees, tuition fees, examination fees and course duration (on letterhead)
- Academic transcripts for the last 12 months of study
(*Please note: all documents must be uploaded in .docx format)
31 January 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact BET directly: