South32 Khutala Colliery (SAEC) Bursaries South Africa 2021 – 2022

What is Bursary 

Bursary is A grant, especially one awarded to someone to enable them to study at university or college.

How does it work?

Bursaries vary in amounts and professions and are given to students in order to further their studies. In return for funding your studies, the company may require you to repay them by signing a work contract with them. Another type of bursary is a donor bursary (a bursary awarded to a deserving candidate in a specific field of study or in recognition for his/her work in a specific field of study).

Things To Note Before Applying For A Bursary

SOUTH AFRICAN BURSARIES OPEN ALL YEAR ROUND

****SOUTH AFRICAN BURSARIES BY MONTH

ABOUT THE COMPANY – KHUTALA COLLIERY

The South Africa Energy Coal (SAEC) operations are situated near eMalahleni (previously Witbank) and Middelburg, in the coalfields of Mpumalanga. The SAEC is 92% owned by South32, and the remaining 8% is owned by a Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment consortium, led by Phembani Holdings.

SAEC includes 4 coal mining operations, namely: Khutala Colliery; Klipspruit Colliery; Middelburg Colliery and Wolvekrans Colliery – they also operate 3 processing plants to produce energy coal for the domestic and export market.

The Khutala Colliery is an underground bord and pillar operation, while the other 3 collieries are opencast mines to extract coal.

ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMMES – FIELDS COVERED

South32 Khutala Colliery (SAEC) have 2 types of bursaries available:

1) Community Bursary: for students who are local community members of SAEC (near eMalahleni and Middelburg), for studies at tertiary level in ANY field of study.

READ ALSO  Margaret McNamara Education Grants (MMEG) Bursary South Africa 2021 – 2022

2) Child of employee bursary: for students who are children of local community members of SAEC (near eMalahleni and Middelburg), for studies at tertiary level in ANY field of study.

MORE ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE, OBLIGATIONS & SELECTION

Both bursaries will provide cover for the following expenses: tuition fees, accommodation, meals, book allowance, laptop and a basic medical aid coverage for students who are not yet covered.

Students will not be guaranteed vacation work placement, however, it will be considered if required to complete the qualification.
Students will NOT be required to work for South32 after completion of their studies.

Shortlisted candidates will be contacted – if you do not receive any feedback by 1 March 2021, please regard your application as unsuccessful.

ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS

Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
Community bursary:

Child of employee bursary:

READ ALSO  Bigen Bursary South Africa 2021 – 2022

 

HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY

Applications must be done online at https://careerwise.co.za/bursaries/online-application/

Use the following promotional code/ reference number when applying:
Community bursary: KHTCOMM21
Child of employee bursary: KHTCOE21
You will be required to register an account: https://careerwise.co.za/bursaries/online-application/applicant-registration/
before you can log in: https://careerwise.co.za/bursaries/online-application/applicant-login/ and apply.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):

 

CLOSING DATE

5 February 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)

CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER

For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Career Wise (bursary administrator for the South32 Khutala Colliery (SAEC) Bursary) directly:
Tel: 086 100 7787

Community bursary email: applications@careerwise.co.za
Child of employee bursary email: Mr Liyanda Mkhabo: liyandam@careerwise.co.za